Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sales in Galway

Options
  • 17-02-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me if the Car Boot sale beside Fantastic Fireplaces on the N84 is still going? Times, contact phone numbers would be much appreciated - thanks.
    Info on any other 'regular' car boot sales would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Not sure but the place they had it has been invaded by some members of the travelling comunity.

If you're sellin Hiaces and piebalds you'll make a killin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 howiedeblue

They started having a CBS in Kilchreest near Loughrea,the 1st sunday of every month, my brother went to the last one and said it was a good `un.
    They have one in Scarriff in County Clare too hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

The one in Kilchreest near Loughrea was teriffic. It is to be a regular event on 1st Sunday of each month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Thanks everbody.
    If you're into the collecting scene have a look at this blog. :)

www.collectireland.blogspot.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Hi, theres a once off car boot sale at Claregalway Educate Together National School on this Sunday (April 26th) from 12noon til 4pm - its through the village heading for tuam, take the first left after the river/castle, we are just before the Abbey on the opposite side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bethm

Tipsygypsy wrote: »
    Hi, theres a once off car boot sale at Claregalway Educate Together National Sc thhool on this Sunday (April 26th) from 12noon til 4pm - its through the village heading for tuam, take the first left after the river/castle, we are just before the Abbey on the opposite side of the road.

Any contact no for that sale or maybe you know some details How much per car, and do you just turn up on the day.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

People with car boots will pay €10 and a van is charged at €15... there is no entrance fee for shoppers... We have been saying turn up on the day, but we've been getting alot of interest so I would say the earlier the better... its open from 12, so I would say come to set up from 11:15ish. I had also said that we could provide tables but with growing interest Im concerned we may run out so those with foldup tables could bring them along.
    The contact number is (as clifden said) 086 <snip> if you do need any more info.
    Tipsy

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

You could do worse than check out the newly re-launched Headford Market. They have a blog here http://headfordmarket.wordpress.com/ and the markets are usually listed here too - http://www.headfordonline.com/

Next one is on the 9th May, 10am to 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Can anybody tell me if the Car Boot sale beside Fantastic Fireplaces on the N84 is still going?:)
    Is it still going??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

ultain wrote: »
    Is it still going??

I'd be interested as well to know if there's any going on around Galway...

Kilchreest is on next Sunday and promises to be very good as it is last one before xmas.

Kilchreest is on next Sunday and promises to be very good as it is last one before xmas.
    Any idea what time it starts..how much to set up a stall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

ultain wrote: »
    Any idea what time it starts..how much to set up a stall?

Some information here but it may be out of date. Let us know how you get on!

Operates at Kilchreest C.B.S. (school) on the 1st Sunday of the month 10am-4pm.

Kilchreest is near Loughrea on the (N66) Gort/Loughrea Road.

Kilchreest Boot Sale this sunday 10am-4pm. It is held in yard of West Coast Agri. I think a pitch is approx 10 euro.

It is held on SECOND SUNDAY of each month

Good stall price...big thaw due tomorrow, so hopefully there will be a good turn out.

Kilchreest Boot Sale this sunday 10am-4pm. It is held in yard of West Coast Agri. I think a pitch is approx 10 euro.

It is held on SECOND SUNDAY of each month

Tumbleweed out there today..nice set up though:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement