Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2009 Thread - NO NUMBER SWAPS HERE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I have signed up for this marathon and need to find a hotel near start/finish. does anyone know a nice hotel which would let me shower afterwards as i have to travel home that day??

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Try d4hotels.ie

€49 for the night when we booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mack10

There is no limit on numbers, you're safe enough

Thanks. I signed up yesterday anyway after some very persuasive peer pressure. Lets hope it doesn't jinx me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

mack10 wrote: »
    Thanks. I signed up yesterday anyway after some very persuasive peer pressure. Lets hope it doesn't jinx me.

Gonna do it today, I am excite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Signed up last night for another crack at 3'59"59" after last years collapse from 17m on.Just back from a 17m LSR and avoided the rain so bring it on :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

I think I'll be doing my usual "call into the DCM office on the last day" routine. My probable plantar fasciitis means my target is out the window, and might not run at all :(

All signed up, planned a 14 mile lsr for now. I'm not going out in that - no way. You can have your running in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Hi everyone,

I'm new to boards.ie and have signed up to the DCM. It'll be my first marathon. I've run on and off for a few years but only to about 5M distance and I'm a bit of a plodder - 10 - 9.30 min/mile generally. I started training properly around October last year and have done a few races this year.
    Ballycotton 10 (96.30 I think!)
    Berlin Half marathon (2.16)
    Burren Half marathon (2.30)
    10km Tipperary (56.25)
    I'm using Hal Higdon Intermediate I as it seems to fit with what I can manage training-wise at the moment. I do a bit of fartlek/interval training too although not that much recently. I'm really enjoying the training and absolutely love running these days. Keeps me sane :D It's great to hear how everyone's training is going as I tend to run alone and none of my friends have a blind bit of interest in running!! Although I do log my training in another website veganfitness as I'm also vegan. Best of luck to everyone with the training :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

All signed up, planned a 14 mile lsr for now. I'm not going out in that - no way. You can have your running in the rain.

Alonso, you're not in Spain now! If you let the Irish weather dictate when you train you'll never be prepared for a marathon.

Get out there and do it.

Clum wrote: »
    Alonso, you're not in Spain now! If you let the Irish weather dictate when you train you'll never be prepared for a marathon.

Get out there and do it.

you are right, anyway here comes the sun, but I've just scoffed dominoes pizza - damn it. I'll have to re-schedule. 7 tonight pmp and 14 lsr tomorrow morning, rain, hail or shine.

I know my marathon bib number now and everything woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

I know my marathon bib number now and everything woohoo!

How do you know it? Im jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Bally8 wrote: »
    How do you know it? (DCM bib No.). Im jealous

I have mine too. 3984.
    It's well down the confirmation page you get after you register with the Active Registration crowd.

eliwallach wrote: »
    I have mine too. 3984.
    It's well down the confirmation page you get after you register with the Active Registration crowd.

yeah its in the confirmation email aswell, i'm 5147, its official, :D / :eek:

I'd reckon there is an avalanche of applications being submitted today :D.

OI, I presume you are the 5147th registered athlete, at the end of today it would be interesting to see how many more application are made (as in, the bib no. for anyone who applies late tonight).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

eliwallach wrote: »
    I'd reckon there is an avalanche of applications being submitted today :D.

OI, I presume you are the 5147th registered athlete, at the end of today it would be interesting to see how many more application are made (as in, the bib no. for anyone who applies late tonight).

Don't think it works that way. I registered a couple of nights ago and am one thousand and something.

gerard65 wrote: »
    Don't think it works that way. I registered a couple of nights ago and am one thousand and something.

Aw that's a pity :(.

Actually you are spot-on.
    I registered in July last year and was in the 9000's.

Aw, I thought I was the 5147 th aswell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think they just pick random numbers, mine is 3976. I like having 6's in my numbers. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

yeah its in the confirmation email aswell

I printed off confirmation details from the site after registering and have a transaction receipt that says 'registration/confirmation ID- 117691'. I presume its no big deal that I dont have a confirmation email- it must have went straight to my trashcan and got deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It'll be on your receipt on your active europe account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭aero2k

I sent off the cheque a few days ago. No going back now....

I think they just pick random numbers, mine is 3976. I like having 6's in my numbers. :D

Hey RQ I'm just 8 away from you!
    3984. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭chez-moi

Guys done 4:02:58 last year so put me down for 3:59 this year, fingers crossed. Just getting back into it after infection in the lungs. Done the half distance on Sun in 2:02. Some speed work tonight on the track. A few 800s on Thursday. Roll on the 10 mile in the park on Saturday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Roadpounder

Hi all
    New to website, but have been following with interest since I started training for Cork Half Marathon. Training going well and lookin forward to my first marathon in Dublin. My question is probably typical of us country folk, but is there any facilities in relation to showers after the marathon. Unfortunately I have to jump in a train home for work on Tuesday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

I registered in June and am bib number 897.....it must be random

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Paddyontherun

chez-moi wrote: »
    Guys done 4:02:58 last year so put me down for 3:59 this year, fingers crossed. Just getting back into it after infection in the lungs. Done the half distance on Sun in 2:02. Some speed work tonight on the track. A few 800s on Thursday. Roll on the 10 mile in the park on Saturday:D
    As a matter of interest 'chez moi' how many 800's are you doing and at what speed. I have been trying to break four hours for the past 3 years and have run 2 at 4.07/8 and 5 at around 4.15. I have recently returned to the track (afer 20 years+) in an effort to improve pace and achieve that elusive sub 4 hr. I have been doing (10) 400's at around 1 min 35 second and (6) 600's at around 2min 33. I have been alternating 4s & 6s twice a week but going to drop to 1 session of 800's as I increase mileage. Any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

is there any chance that numbers are allocated by which timing zone you've applied for.i applied for sub 3:30 back in april and got number 673.had applied for a lower time zone than lads i did paris with and we all entered the same time but mine was a lesser number than theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Possibly, I'm in >4:15 and my number is 10748.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Lila

Hi all
    New to website, but have been following with interest since I started training for Cork Half Marathon. Training going well and lookin forward to my first marathon in Dublin. My question is probably typical of us country folk, but is there any facilities in relation to showers after the marathon. Unfortunately I have to jump in a train home for work on Tuesday:(

Hi Roadpounder. There are no showers laid on after the race so you'd have to find other facilities nearby. Probably not worth your while renting a hotel room unless you got a very cheap deal. Maybe one of the local pay as you go gyms? The only one I know nearby is the Markievicz public pool (http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Pages/markievicz_leisure_centre.aspx) but I'm sure someone in the fitness forum could tell you more. Failing that it might have to be a baby wipe job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Roadpounder

Hi Lila
    Cheers for the advice. Townsend St doesnt look to far away, might need a stretcher though :p.

Advertisement