Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2009 Thread - NO NUMBER SWAPS HERE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trevo

sorry dose anybody no what time the rds opens at tomorrow???

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Open at 12, closes at 6. Remember the hour change ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

geld wrote: »
    Is the Expo worth going to?? Did anyone spot any bargains?

I am interested in a new pair of runners. Tks Geld
    Runways had a lot of stock selling very cheap. I'm sorted for winter now so happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭eon1208

Just noticed in the magazine that the race numbers are colour coded for starting pens. Mine is green for the slower than 3.30 pace but should be orange for the sub 3 hrs... Their not too strict on this I hope as I would have to get up a bit....There are obviously mistakes being made....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

The orange is for the sub 3'30 group. What time did you select when you registered initially?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

eon1208 wrote: »
    Just noticed in the magazine that the race numbers are colour coded for starting pens. Mine is green for the slower than 3.30 pace but should be orange for the sub 3 hrs... Their not too strict on this I hope as I would have to get up a bit....There are obviously mistakes being made....

They were fairly strict last year, just get to the front of the pen, it's chip timed so shouldn't make a difference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

have to admit i am really brickin the run.

its probably just silly but have negative thoughts running though my head.
    What if i cant finish?
    Little niggles in my leg that could kick in during the run.

i have done the training but its my first one and im hoping everyone is thinking the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Anyone know if you need ID to collect your number, or is it just the reg confirmation slip?

The orange is for the sub 3'30 group. What time did you select when you registered initially?
    I wrote 2.47 on the form, First marathon to race, might not run this but I cant have big variations in splits to have any chance...The first mile has to be important not to be under stress and have a free run surely.... I will have to get into that pen... There is also the question of teams and rival competitors.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you need ID to collect your number, or is it just the reg confirmation slip?
    Just your signed acceptance slip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck to everyone Monday.

Go out there and enjoy yourself !

Sosa signing off

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dundalk

Sorry but does anyone know if there is a barbers that might be open tomorrow anywhere near O connel street, I know its a bit of an odd request but i was meant to get my hair cut after work today but had to work late and its like a mop and Id prefer to get rid of half of it before the marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Dundalk wrote: »
    Sorry but does anyone know if there is a barbers that might be open tomorrow anywhere near O connel street, I know its a bit of an odd request but i was meant to get my hair cut after work today but had to work late and its like a mop and Id prefer to get rid of half of it before the marathon

Head up towards Dorset Street and you should get a few open there. No excuse for not smiling for the camera now!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Whats the weather like in Dublin this morning? Its horrible here in Tipperary. Blowing a storm and driving rain. My poor back garden has turned into a swimming pool. My full wheely bin was toppled yesterday evening so I spent a while chasing rubbish around the place while getting soaked. Please let it be wind and rain free in Dublin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Bally8 wrote: »
    Whats the weather like in Dublin this morning? Its horrible here in Tipperary. Blowing a storm and driving rain. My poor back garden has turned into a swimming pool. My full wheely bin was toppled yesterday evening so I spent a while chasing rubbish around the place while getting soaked. Please let it be wind and rain free in Dublin tomorrow.
    Its a bit showery. Forecast for tomorrow is fairly great though so keep the faith.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Lashing rain and quite windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Forecast for tomorrow is brilliant,
    http://www.askmoby.com/weather/get-forecast-pc
    Looks like we'll have no excuses !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

It's a bit damp, and a small breeze, but clear and sunny........so far.....

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Raging_Hull

Pre-race nervers here:eek:. For all my LSRs it was either too early or too miserable to wear sun glasses. The forecast for tomorrow is great. Has anyone had problems with chaffing on their nose/ears with shades? Do many people in marathons wear them? :cool:

Is it ok to put the chip in a pocket? It annoys me hanging off the number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Just printed off mine (4.00) and one for the Mrs. (4.40). I find its a good idea to mark the hills on with a highlighter - see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62626558&postcount=798 and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62629936&postcount=800for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Just drove the course, it a nice day albeit very windy - this should die down tis evening and I think we'll have a nice day tomorrow :)

nomadic wrote: »
    Is it ok to put the chip in a pocket? It annoys me hanging off the number.

You might lose it. You won't notice it when your number is pinned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

geld wrote: »
    Is the Expo worth going to?? Did anyone spot any bargains?

I am interested in a new pair of runners. Tks Geld

Geld, they are doing a deal on all Mizuno runners. I got the Wave Inspire for €80 when they retail for €115. Switched to them from the Kayano in late August, I am very happy with them.

Runways are doing good deals on all Craft gear, I got a thermal top for €15. If you leave it till close to the end of the day you will probably get a bargain on the offical race gear, last year they were doing a buy 3 get the cheapest item free from 4.30pm or so.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, going for a nice easy 5k in a few minutes. Getting nervous now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just to wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow, I was trying to get to everyones log but man there's alot of logs.

I went for a run this morning and it is very windy but appartently that will be gone by tomorrow but it was also quite warm so I wouldn't be wearing any extra layers, I did today and I was sweating buckets.

Also I'll be around with the camera in the morning pre race around the baggage area, then start line, then I'll head to the Phoenix park before heading back down to the finish line for the elites. I'll be behind the finish line till the 3rd Irish woman crosses the line and then I'll back down to just before the 26 mile mark, so don't forget to smile and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Pre-race nervers here:eek:. For all my LSRs it was either too early or too miserable to wear sun glasses. The forecast for tomorrow is great. Has anyone had problems with chaffing on their nose/ears with shades? Do many people in marathons wear them? :cool:

if you didn't wear them on your LSR's I wouldn't recommend you wear them tomorrow. You might end up carrying them around if you aren't comfortable.

gerard65 wrote: »
    You might lose it. You won't notice it when your number is pinned on.
    Found it a little annoying during the race series. Would there be a problem with it not registering or anything if i stick it in my pocket .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Expo was nice yesterday, not too many people crowding everything and i believe i heard Jim Aughney giving out a motivational speech as i was collecting my number:) Fair play to him and everyone else lending a hand so we can have a great day! That Adidas wall was really cool, just HAD to get something written on it!

Good deals on the high-5 gels too:D

And now its time to go get a disposeable top and a black bag sorted for tomorrow morn, roll on 9am woohoo:)

eon1208 wrote: »
    I wrote 2.47 on the form, First marathon to race, might not run this but I cant have big variations in splits to have any chance...The first mile has to be important not to be under stress and have a free run surely.... I will have to get into that pen... There is also the question of teams and rival competitors.....
    Should read second marathon to race, first, was as a beginner........Will get into sub 3 pen...Best of luck to everybody...Forecast seems excellent, calm in the middle of bad wet windy days......

• Advertisement

nomadic wrote: »
    Found it a little annoying during the race series. Would there be a problem with it not registering or anything if i stick it in my pocket .
    It should register if its in your pocket - BUT do you want to take the chance. Imagine looking up your time tomorrow afternoon and not been able to find it:(

Advertisement