Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2009 Thread - NO NUMBER SWAPS HERE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Completely bricking it now. Didn't sleep great last night - spent the extra hour tossing and turning. Stomach playing up again so I think it's the immodium for me tonight. Legs feel really strange - almost fizzy, hope it's just pent up energy. Non first time marathoners - does it always feel like this or is it only the first time it completely takes over your every waking (and sleeping!) thought?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

racheljev wrote: »
    Completely bricking it now. Didn't sleep great last night - spent the extra hour tossing and turning.
    I'm exactly the same... won't sleep a wink tonight, I'm certain of that. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Go and stretch your legs for few kms tonight, nice and easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Best of Luck to everyone tomorrow..
    Hope you all enjoy your run and get your times,,
    And hopefully the weather will pick up too,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Folks,
    Can anyone remember what the starting pens/waves are tomorrow as i can't. My number is green and i think i am in the second wave?? Is it sub330,sub 400,and 4h+? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

hawkwing wrote: »
    Folks,
    Can anyone remember what the starting pens/waves are tomorrow as i can't. My number is green and i think i am in the second wave?? Is it sub330,sub 400,and 4h+? Thanks

3.30 - 4.15 for you champ!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Good luck tomorrow everyone and cheers for all the advice. Go n-eirí an t-ádh libh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm exactly the same... won't sleep a wink tonight, I'm certain of that. *sigh*
    Very few people do sleep properly the night before the race, which is why it's important to try and get some good sleep in the nights leading up to the race. Don't worry if you feel tired when you get up in the morning. Everyone else will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, Newbies, Seasoned Pros and Pacers. I'm sure there'll be Highs and Lows, PB's, DNF's and Hittin' the Walls just remember to smile :D - the cameras will be out in force. I'm there just after 21 miles (bike and bright yellow jacket), I'll be waving Jellies at Boards and Bray Runners vests and I won't be offended if you tell me to p**s off :rolleyes:.
    Have a great race and enjoy one and all.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I'll be waving Jellies at Boards and Bray Runners vests and pacers and I won't be offended if you tell me to p**s off :rolleyes:
    Fixed it for you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

now are people getting into town tomorrow morning. Im coming from northside and i imagine the diversions will be all over the place.
    whats the best time to get therre at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Fixed it for you. :)

Double helpings for the pacers of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

AdrianII wrote: »
    now are people getting into town tomorrow morning. Im coming from northside and i imagine the diversions will be all over the place.
    Ordered a taxi for 0720 from D15,should get close enough in and in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

I'm disappointed now that I don't have a boards jersey...... I would have loved some free sweets.

As for travel plans it appears that there are rolling road closures so check the website if you are unsure. I'm disappointed there's no special trains for me from Portmarnock.

AdrianII wrote: »

I'm getting the first red line Luas at 7, hoping to get a taxi from Abbey St to as close to the start as I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Slighlty nervous about the chip on my number, it seems to be detaching itself along the top. Hope it doesnt come away during the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

I'm disappointed now that I don't have a boards jersey...... I would have loved some free sweets.

I do scrottey, but I don't think I'll be wearing it :o. You are pretty exposed in a singlet if things go belly-up on the Merrion Rd. I'll be wearing a running top (in the boards colours, though).

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Salty Dog

Bally8 wrote: »
    Slighlty nervous about the chip on my number, it seems to be detaching itself along the top. Hope it doesnt come away during the run.

put some sellotape around the edging and that should keep it in place.

Salty Dog wrote: »
    put some sellotape around the edging and that should keep it in place.
    Or fasten it with a safety pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

anyone going to the official post-race party later on tomorrow evening...?

it seems a bit pricey at €20 but I was told it's "really good"

I know I know, I should probably be tucked up in bed by now and not posting on boards or soon anyway but I won't be sleeping for a while, it really is like the night before Christmas (or as close as it gets for an adult to that feeling!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

some people appear to be posting "from the future"

Ensure that you have your clocks put back dudes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Good luck everyone running tomorrow.... should be a good day out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow :)
    I can't wait to get going!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Lemon wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow :)
    I can't wait to get going!

Yea sleeping tonight might be the issue :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

I don't foresee much sleep happening for me tonight! Mixture of excitement and anticipation and.......terror:o

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

Nervous as hell.
    Have had a niggle in my groin since lugging bags to Dublin on Friday morning. Which has meant I've felt fragile the last few days. Nerves aren't helping it either. Once I get going in the morning it could all be fine, hopefully, but in the meantime, I don't know if I'll last 26 miles or 200 yards. Eek.
    Best of luck everybody. Have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

good luck everyone, hope you all have a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

anyone else still up?? I'm so nervous

Yeah I'm still awake, and full of nervous energy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Is that what that is???!! My first Marathon so i've no idea what this is supposed to feel like..Imagining getting over the finish line is keeping me occupied!!! That, and digesting pasta!

Advertisement