Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon 2009 Thread - NO NUMBER SWAPS HERE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

I forgot to fill my iPod, so i doing it now. Tomorrow's a casual marathon for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

The big day has finally arrived! Best of luck every one.............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ooooh I'm terrified. No sleep at all, just about got porridge down, lost my pacing band so have to print it again, taxi here in about 40 mins. AAAARGH! Don't ever remember being this nervous before. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

3 hours of broken sleep. I couldnt get my mind to stop racing, that and staying in the noisiest hotel ever. Im wrecked. But hey nothing I cant do about that now- bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Slept great,hopefully i can now wake up fully and break 4h!!best of luck all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

First marathon this morning, pretty nervous about it - had a solid night's sleep but kept having those dreams where you're sitting an exam for your leaving cert in a subject you've never heard of!

Good luck everyone, and I'll see you all at the finish line (if you hang around for longer than 4.5 hours!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Almost time to rock and/or roll!

Good luck everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

"Let me break 4hrs, but, if I cannot, let me be brave, in the attempt." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

lets do it... :D:D:D

best of luck everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

At last... my last day of running for 2009:)

Can't wait to get out of the house and into town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Had the porridge and toast, off to the start line now. best of luck to all!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

http://www.tds-live.com/ns/index.jsp?login=&password=&is_domenica=-1&nextRaceId=&id=2298&pageType=1&servizio=&locale=2057

TDS live offers live tracking on the site.

Will try to get a few pics around mile 18 when the lead runners pass.

Just out at 19 mile marker, the two leading lads looked in great nick.
    Former champ was in 2nd group, and I just see he rallied well in the end to come in second place.

Pauline and Annette were stuck to each other also a few mins down on the 3 lead women who were also within a stride of each other.

Very warm up here near Belfield too and not hint of wind, savage conditions.

A few pics here resized for quick upload:

More pics:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Sosa, Slogger & Abhainn all doing well at 30km..

edit: Abhainn home in 2:47..super running.

SJ home in 3:02 - another great run. Wizwill in 3:08 and Sosa in 3:14. Well done lads. I wonder were the last 10k into a headwind?

asimonov wrote: »
    SJ home in 3:02 - another great run. Wizwill in 3:08 and Sosa in 3:14. Well done lads. I wonder were the last 10k into a headwind?

Asimonov, I'd reckon any wind at all on the course would have been coming in from the ringsend direction so the road down to the rds and Pearse may have been in the face.

The was no wind at all around the Milltown area earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

any news on anyone else? are the results on the dcm site or where you getting them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

I finished in 3:07. Am delighted with that...could perhaps inch closer to sub 3 in the coming years.

I did notice a headwind allright around Ballsbridge. I was so delerious I didnt think much about it. I was just trying to hold my body together to stop everything cramping up in the last 10k.

Thanks for the support along the way. I saw woddle twice, beepbeep once and donothoponpop about 5 times! Thanks guys!

Well done to all. I'm looking forward to reading how you all did.

• Advertisement

I finished in 3:07. Am delighted with that...could perhaps inch closer to sub 3 in the coming years.

I did notice a headwind allright around Ballsbridge. I was so delerious I didnt think much about it. I was just trying to hold my body together to stop everything cramping up in the last 10k.

Thanks for the support along the way. I saw woddle twice, beepbeep once and donothoponpop about 5 times! Thanks guys!

well done earlyevening, great time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

3.48. Sore and delighted in equal measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Cramped badly at 22 miles. Was on course for sub 3.30. Finished 3.37. Now i know what pain is:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good running EE.
    4046042753_4f7537792c_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

What a fantastic marathon, great weather, the support crew were fantastic, Jim and his team. The best finish of the day goes to a guy who ran 2'23, as he went over the line he did a somersault, I'll post the picture later. Congrats to Slogger who ran 3'01 by his watch and pbs for christeb and Greg. A good run from Figs aswell. I saw ultraman, Gerard65 and Racoon queen, misty floyd and tungunska at 8 miles, they all looked good. My cousin kevinkilbane also pbd in 3'35 to beat mine by 2 mins Only messing super run and that is on the back of Belfast,Cork and Longford
    The pacers did a super job and they looked to have really enjoyed it.

From behind the finish line: gives yhou a great perspective of how hard people push themselves, now I know were I'm going wrong :D
    Alot of people taking nose dives as they try to stop there watch and the amount of male nipple bleeds was frightening.
    The ambulance crowd also did a great job in helping people regain their composure.
    Great frickin marathon to watch, well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

Got home in 3.09. Went the 3hr pace makers, stayed with them till half way and then fell back. Found mile 12 uptowards the Crumlin hospital tough, and also the area around Clonskeagh.

Think the good weather got the crowds out, there was a lot of support round the course. It got a bit warm in the second half. Met a guy at the finish who done 3hrs and 4secs.

Like the finishers top and the chocolate rice cakes are quite tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭nomadic

Well done everyone. Super weather for it.

I had a bit of a terrible day. Rookie mistakes galore.Have had a cold for the last 4 days and stupidly had a beechams this morning.Slight stomach cramps from the start. Decided to go with the 3.45 pacers from the start and paid for it about 17-18 miles. Totally died. Stomach was in a jocker aswell from gel ,bananna , Beechams combo. Pretty much walked in from UCD. Finished in 4.15 . Just means I'll have to do it again because i'm not letting that be my only ever marathon time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭aero2k

Congrats to all who finished, I hope you all enjoyed the 30th anniversary atmosphere, and the perfect weather.
    At the risk of making this sound like an Oscar speech, I want to thank a lot of people for making this a special day for me. I enjoyed last year immensely, despite it all going horribly wrong timewise from 14 miles on. This year there was one big difference in my preparation - I logged on to boards.ie regularly, for advice, inspiration, encouragement, and the great sense of community I found here. I owe a huge dept of gratitude to all those who posted excellent advice, either in response to questions from me or others. I am also indebted to those who had some encouraging words when I failed to meet an intermediate target - they helped me keep my eyes focused on the big prize. I will spoil this somewhat by mentioning one person only. I have been following a version of Tergat's program, and when it got hard today I was able to rememebr all the "big workouts", and know that I could keep going.
    In 1983 I ran DCM in 3:17:46. Last year was my second marathon, 25 years after the first, and on my 44th birthday I deluded myself into thinking I would run sub 3, or at least get a massive PB. It wasn't to be, and I walked and hobbled to 3:22:19. Tomorrow I will be 45, but for the next few hours I'll treasure my unnofficial 2:58:48, and feel 19 again.
    For those of you that missed your targets, remember it's possible to go 24 mins faster next year, you just need to believe, and boards.ie is the best source of that belief I know of.
    Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Got in at 4.03 on the clock. My legs hurt but its done! Really enjoyed it, and well done all you fast guys above :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

It was very impressive to see you running today EE, you were looking very strong at all the points I spotted you (even though I'm sure you felt like thumping me at 21 miles- there's only so much "keep her going! Good jawb!" a man can take;)). Well done on a brilliant time, that's some progress you've made this year!

Advertisement