Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WEIGH BRIDGE

• 17-02-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27

NEW TO SITE LOOKS GOOD.

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING INTO TYRE PRESURES AND FOUND THAT THE ONLY WAY TO REALY GET THE PRESURE RIGHT FOR YOUR MH IS TO WEIGH IT [FRONT AXLE REAR AXLE AND OVERALL WEIGHT] THEN PHONE YOUR TYRE MAKER AND THEY ARE HAPPY TO WORK OUT YOUR TYRE PREASURES FOR THE WEIGHTS YOU PROVIDE

CALLED INTO LISBURN WEIGHBRIDGE YESTURDAY AND THEY SAID IT WAS A MANUALLY OPPERATED WEIGH BRIDGE OPEN 24/7 AND FREE OF CHARGE.

YOU JUST DRIVE UP TO THE STAT BUTTON [SAME AS ZEBRA CROSSING BUTTON] WHEN SCALES ZERO OUT DRIVE SLOWLY OVER.IT WILL SHOW YOU YOURE AXLE WEIGHTS FRONT REAR AND TOTAL WEIGHT.

MIGHT BE HANDY IF YOUR AROUND THIS DIRECTION

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Welcome to the forum nd thanks for the hint.

Please use normal font and not all capitals (considered to be "shouting" on forums) in your next post.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Excellent info Shifter.....many thanks

Watch out for the "shouting" though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I have Michelen XC Camping tyres and set them to about 60-65 PSI all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Anybody know what the difference is between the "camping" tyres and regular van tyres?

3ps wrote: »
    I have Michelen XC Camping tyres and set them to about 60-65 PSI all round.

That sounds a bit low? What weight MH have you?

• Advertisement

Camping tyres (are supposed to) have a strengthened sidewall to better cope with long periods of being parked up without losing shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Camping tyres (are supposed to) have a strengthened sidewall to better cope with long periods of being parked up without losing shape.

ty for that as I didn't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

*Kol* wrote: »
    That sounds a bit low? What weight MH have you?

really? It's a 3500 with uprated suspension to either 3850 or 4000 and air suspension too. When I got it the unladen weight was about 3150.

Perhaps I have them set to 70.... but for some reason I have 60-65 in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 SHIFTER

just got MH weighd

front axle 1760
    reare axle 2070
    overall 3830

mitchelin recomends front 60psi rear 65psi

28a3fcce.jpg

3830 :eek: ...that's heavy !

Was that empty or full? What's your gross vehicle weight?

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    3830 :eek: ...that's heavy !

Was that empty or full? What's your gross vehicle weight?

I'm going to have to get mine weighed now for the laugh. It looks similar in size to Shifters'. I have no idea what weight it is supposed to be.

SHIFTER wrote: »
    just got MH weighd

front axle 1760
    reare axle 2070
    overall 3830

mitchelin recomends front 60psi rear 65psi

28a3fcce.jpg

Where did you get the pressures from? Did you have to contact Michelin?

hi KOL
    i emailed mitchelin uk they emailed me the presures back for the weights i gave them.it took them 3 days though.

the weight in the MH was 2 people 1/2 tank of fuel tank of fresh water 100ltr suitcase honda 2kw genny gery can petrol 20ltr.
    i think the max weight of MH is 3800kg

Does that mean you need a C1 license to drive it??

*Kol* wrote: »
    Does that mean you need a C1 license to drive it??

you need a C1 licence for any van/MH over 3500kg.

as i passed test before 1/1/97 i can drive up to 71/2 tone with or without trailer .

Advertisement