Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT jobs in Australia

Options
  • 17-02-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Does anyone know how buoyant the IT industry is in Australia, in particular .NET? I don't require a visa to work there, if this makes a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

havin residency will help, as with all jobs over here.

For IT jobs, the east coast is the way to go. Sydney/Meloburne/Brisbane. in that order I reckon.

You'll just have to look around the job sites and see if you think theres enough .NET jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Computer Professional of the IT occupations - only if you have and can evidence substantial skills and experience in one or more of the following:

- CISSP

- C++ / C# / C

- Data Warehousing

- Java

- J2EE

- Linus

- .Net technologies

- Network Security / Firewall / Internet Security

- Oracle

- PeopleSoft

- SAP

- SIEBEL (especially Siebel Analytic)

- Solaris

- Unix

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/MODL/58

make of that list what you will...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭The BOFH

I'm in Perth & can't really speak for the Eastern States. Over here IT jobs have taken a tumble in recent months because of the economic turndown but they are still there, you just have to take less money. Advertised System admin/engineer jobs are in decline as well as desktop support, I guess people are digging in & staying put where they have secure jobs. There are contract positions available, you might want to be prepared to have gaps in your employment.

Advertisement