Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football manager live in UCD??

Options
  • 17-02-2009 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

is it possible to play football manager live in UCD OR any online game for that matter in ucd res??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Nay. The use of p2p sharing, internet gaming and the like is blocked by UCD. I hear that there is a network that gets around this, but from what I was told if you're caught on it you'll be banned from the UCD network.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It is possible to play some VLAN trickery but you'll be disconnected pretty sharpish if you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Red Alert wrote: »
    It is possible to play some VLAN trickery but you'll be disconnected pretty sharpish if you do.

Is it a person or a computer which disconnects you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

A person... some of the guys working in IT services are very good at spotting 'unusual' traffic patterns. And also a machine if you're causing enough trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I wonder how closely they monitor the network.. I know I used it download a few movies when I lived on campus last year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

if you go to admin in Daedalus they will hook u up. They unbloked my poker account that I couldn't use in college

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

eduram network (Exclusive to CSI and Daedlus buildings) has no ports blocked. You have to download a program and login with your UCD student login to use it. Which is probably used to stamp out illegal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TDOie wrote: »
    eduram network (Exclusive to CSI and Daedlus buildings) has no ports blocked. You have to download a program and login with your UCD student login to use it. Which is probably used to stamp out illegal activity.

Tis nice to be actually able to use Adium properly in CSI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

Tis nice to be actually able to use Adium properly in CSI :)

Yeah , I use it for errr...learning purposes... >.> , <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ixnay on the eem-stay :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement