Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamland imetec electric blanket

Options
  • 17-02-2009 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyone had a similar problem with thier electric blanket such as this?

My wife touched my arm while in bed and said I felt electricaly charged so much so that that it made a humming noise audible to both of us.:eek: The only thing in our bed at the time that was electric was the electric blanket. I,m sorry if this sounds full of double entendres I am laughing myself while typing it, only it's true and i am not sure what to do as the imetec website is blank. I noticed other people had problems with thier controlers. Ours seem fine and there are no loose wires. Is it just me becoming a superhero (my wife hopes!) or is it the blanket? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Take off the blanket... if it stops happening, then it's the blanket. If it doesn't, then you'll need to invest in some sort of superhero costume :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 roberthoon

Took off blanket and no electric charging so we now know where the problem is. Dissapointed the missus though but she will knit me a superhero costume anyway. :D Captain Wool sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'd say you were probably electrically charged but because you weren't grounded (to the floor or wall etc) you didn't get an electric shock. (just like birds on power lines don't get electrocuted) Probably safer not to use the blanket again and look into returning it if it's still in warranty ;)

Oh, and just 'cos something electrical 'looks ok' doesn't necessarily mean it is ;)

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 roberthoon

Thanks! great advice the blankets off. the warranties out so straight in the bin it goes.:o

Advertisement