Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel seizes land for settlement expansion

Options
  • 17-02-2009 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

FRAT, West Bank – Plans to expand a West Bank settlement by up to 2,500 homes drew Palestinian condemnation Monday and presented an early test for President Barack Obama, whose Mideast envoy is well known for opposing such construction.
    Israel opened the way for possible expansion of the Efrat settlement by taking control of a nearby West Bank hill of 423 acres. The rocky plot was recently designated state land and is part of a master plan that envisions the settlement growing from 9,000 to 30,000 residents, Efrat Mayor Oded Revivi said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090216/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

i remember some of the members mentioning and arguing in other Israel/Palestine related threads that there was no expansion of setlements in west bank (one of root causes of the confict)

so what do the apologists have to say now? so much for wanting peace :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Its pretty clear that this has been going on for years. The denials make no sense, but I am sure we will see them made again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

This is sickening :mad:
    Also, Isreal has voted in another right-wing hawk as Prime Minister, have they not learnt anything? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

Makes a complete and utter mockery of the israeli apologists usual propaganda. You simply cannot defend the undefencible. This has been going on for years and will continue :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They have been doing this since the creation of the Israeli state and show no intentions of stopping. Displacement of Palestinians, knocking down houses, terrorising civilians - That's what Israel does best. Slime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

wes wrote: »
    Its pretty clear that this has been going on for years. The denials make no sense, but I am sure we will see them made again here.

If you read the Gaza thread you'd know there hasn't been anyone defending the settlements but I guess what you see what you want to see.

• Advertisement

If you read the Gaza thread you'd know there hasn't been anyone defending the settlements but I guess what you see what you want to see.

And for the people who have been displaced from their homes, with their homes bulldozed down over the past few decades? Oh that's right!

dlofnep wrote: »
    And for the people who have been displaced from their homes, with their homes bulldozed down over the past few decades? Oh that's right!

Just like I said, you'll see what you want to see. So fired up in your righteous anger eh?

If you read the Gaza thread you'd know that I disapprove of the settlements but as I said you'll see what you want to see....not what someones actually said.

Just like I said, you'll see what you want to see. So fired up in your righteous anger eh?

If you read the Gaza thread you'd know that I disapprove of the settlements but as I said you'll see what you want to see....not what someones actually said.

I've seen first-hand witness reports from families who have been displaced. I see what is factually accurate. Unless you want to disprove them and try and convince these families that have infact still got a home and farm.

You didn't disprove anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

The 1 Israeli = 155 Palestinians thread?
    There are posts defending settlements there.
    Also loads of "if they just stopped firing rockets Israel would just leave them alone" etc posts.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I've seen first-hand witness reports from families who have been displaced. I see what is factually accurate. Unless you want to disprove them and try and convince these families that have infact still got a home and farm.

You didn't disprove anything.

You just keep on proving my point about seeing what you want to see rather than reading what someone is actually saying.

I said "DISAPPROVE of the settlements"...perhaps you better check a dictionary to see what disapprove means. And also an apology would be good.

• Advertisement

Sorry I read that as disprove.

*hug*

I read the whole thing. Also I use the word "denial" in my post. I did not use the word "defend". There was at least one poster who simply denied this was taking place or that they were only plans in the other thread, and ultimately that it was alright as they would negotiate it later and other nonsense.

I had a long pointless argument with them. It was incredibly tedious. Go read the thread yourself and you will see what I am talking about.

wes wrote: »
    I read the whole thing. Also I use the word "denial" in my post. I did not use the word "defend". There was at least one poster who simply denied this was taking place or that they were only plans in the other thread, and ultimately that it was alright as they would negotiate it later and other nonsense.

I had a long pointless argument with them. It was incredibly tedious. Go read the thread yourself and you will see what I am talking about.

You're just looking for a row, even when someone agrees with a point you make your still looking to argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Don't get drawn into "you said, I said" arguments.

Let the pro-Israeli's answer to the first post.

This is merely a tactic of theirs.

Their arguement is there is no expansion of settlements.

Let them argue that point, don't dilute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Well there's the answer from the pro-Israeli's on the board.

It can't be denied so ignore it.

You're just looking for a row, even when someone agrees with a point you make your still looking to argue.

No, I am not. I wasn't talking about you btw.

Advertisement