Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Markets in Dublin City

Options
  • 17-02-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

just wondering folks dose anybody know of any decent food markets in dublin which do be on often?? like ones with different food and different meats, just want to try something different and the auld dears in moore st dont inspire me much!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The square beside the IFI in Temple Bar most weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Nolanger wrote: »
    The square beside the IFI in Temple Bar most weekends.

Yeah. The Temple Bar Food Market. Its on every Saturday, doesn't stay open into the evening though so watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

much obliged folks. is that down the steps beside where the button factory is???

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Yup. Thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Wolf Tone Park - beside Jervis St SC - has open food fairs at weekends and in the summer. Full of junkies and alcos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

They have one in the IFSC every Wednesday morning, or at least they used to have a couple of years ago anyway. It's just stands of foreign cuisines and smells fabulous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

The Temple Bar market is great, but bring your wallet! It can be pricey.

On a smaller scale, it iss in Liffey Valley (car park) every Friday, I think up around Powerscourt every Thursday as well. One of the stands from the Temple Bar market, they sell lovely olives, cheeses and so on.... they have a shop around Sitric Road in Stoneybatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

If you're willing to head a bit outside the city, the farmers market in Marley Park (Rathfarnham) on Saturday mornings is well worth trying out. They have loads of fresh fruit/veg, meats, cheese, bread etc, and hot food you can buy there like sausage rolls,falafels,crepes,coffee/tea. I don't work there by the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Shiner88

I'm just wonders, Where's Dublin? In USA or where??
    Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Shiner88 wrote: »
    I'm just wonders, Where's Dublin? In USA or where??
    Thx

Go away, troll. Either that or google .ie domain and see what country we're all from.

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭unregged.

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    Go away, troll. Either that or google .ie domain and see what country we're all from.

Jesus.

Reported. If you have a problem with the post report it. You seem to have an 'unhealthy' obsession with calling people 'trolls'. Poor you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

temple bar market: epitomises rip off ireland and is a pretty rubbish market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

Its a small indoor market of organic food.
    4 stalls of vegs, the coop for long shelflife products (cereals ...), a stall of bread, another of cheese.
    And for lunch there is the cafe and a few stalls of ready made meals.

12 Newmarket, Dublin 8
    EveryThursday (2pm - 8pm) and Saturday (9.30am to 4.30pm)

http://www.dublinfood.coop/

Advertisement