Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Fulham- EPL -18/2/09 (MATCH THREAD)

• 17-02-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

United-logo.gif---v---Fulham-Logo.gif

200px-premier_league_logo.png?w=239&h=264

The game in hand since August. Anyone know if it is on TV?

My team:

VDS

Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Ronaldo
    Carrick
    Scholes
    Park

Berbatov
    Tevez

Sub:
    Foster
    Evans
    O'Shea
    Fletcher
    Giggs
    Rooney
    Welbeck

Other squad players fit:
    Nani
    Gibson
    Anderson
    Kuszcack
    Eckersley
    G Neville
    Brown
    Tosic
    Chester
    Possebon
    Amos

Some squad at the moment IMO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Pretty sure it's not on tv mate.

I'm hoping it'll be on in sinnotts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Not on TV, should be an easy-ish game for United, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a draw.

Another 1-0 in all probability.

Berbatov to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Highlights are on Sky Sports 1 at 10.00pm for anyone not arsed with choppy foreign streams, or going out...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

VDS
    Neville--Rio--Vidic--Evra
    ---Carrick---Scholes--
    Park
    Ronaldo
    ---Berbatov---Rooney---

I think Rooney will start the game, get 60-70 minutes in and then be taken off. Same idea on Saturday I would say.

I think Neville will start against Inter so I can see him playing tomorrow and then being rested at the weekend.

I think we will stick with Rio and Vidic but would expect the either Brown or Evans to get a game ahead of Vidic at the weekend.

Middle of the Park I expect Carrick to come in. The other spot is dictated by who Fergie is going for against Inter. Giggs, Fletcher, and Scholes all going for a spot there so I expect each of them to start a game, I am going for Scholes tomorrow, Fletcher on Saturday and Giggs against Inter.

I expect a tough game though with Fulham having the fourth best defense in the league with only 19 conceded. However there attack isn't banging them in either with the third (I think) worst goal return.

United should only need one to win it, but they might get two. 1 or 2 nil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Heading over to this, can't wait.

A win of any sort will make me happy, a convincing win will make me especially happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

C'mon Schwarzer..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I think Rooney is confirmed for the Bench.

Carrick and Fletch in Midfield with Ronaldo and Park on the wings.

Rio and Vidic back in CB, Evra and LB and Gary or Brown at RB.

Berbs Tevez upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

dfx- wrote: »
    C'mon Schwarzer..:)

-1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wouldnt be suprised to see Rio and evans starting

just dont think it makes much sense to start vidic tbh

so ill go with

Neville--Rio--evans--Evra
    ---Carrick---Scholes--
    Park
    Ronaldo
    ---Berbatov---tevez---

I think Rooney will be on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Would love to see Rio and Wes at CB. It would be the best pairing for the first leg of the Inter match imo.

VDS
    Neville Rio Wes Evra (Neville to get rested for the BB match and back in for Inter)
    Park Carrick Scholes Ronaldo
    Berbs Tevez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Vidic should start since he doesn't need to be rested for the Inter game due to the ban.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Looking forward to this. Will be on tomorrow night looking for a stream.
    Come on United! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

deise59 wrote: »
    Vidic should start since he doesn't need to be rested for the Inter game due to the ban.

I'd forgotten about that ban :( Suddenly twice as nervous about the Inter match!
    Tonight should be fine though, looking forward to watching it! I reckon the Woolshed will be showing it, as always.. Man those platters, nomnomnom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭shakespeare

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Foster, Kuszczak, Neville, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Gibson, Welbeck.

Van der Sar
    Rafael
    Vidic
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Ronaldo
    Carrick
    Fletcher
    Nani
    Berbatov
    Tevez

as for fulham...appartenly Johnson has a late fitness test looming...would be huge if he was missing for them. also, Erik Nevland (ex-utd) getting glowing praise from Hodgson on Setanta football show a week back...thinking he may start. two small, nippy centre forwards with good movement might cause us a few problems... but i think after the win at Derby...Utd might get their scoring boots on tonight...

utd to win by 2 i think/hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'd like to see the following side:

Van Der Sar

Brown
    Evans
    Rio
    Evra

Nani
    Scholes
    Carrick
    Ronaldo

Tevez
    Berbatov.

While i am not actually sure about resting Vidic for another game, I do think we need to get both Brown and Evans back up to match tempo, with the Inter game just around the corner. Would start Nani again as his confidence will be up after his goal at the weekend so we should keep him going to see how he does. With Rooney likely to be on the bench, we should certainly start with Tevez and Berbatov up front, at home to Fulham it would be criminal to start with 1 up top. Would go with Carrick and Scholes in the midfield as neither played at the weekend and we'll need their passing to break down what will probably be a very defensive opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

you can never be too confident with these games as a united fan :)

i fully expect to win by 2 or 3 goals tonight however, hopefully without having to get out past 2nd gear so that we will be fresh for the tougher test of Blackburn then Inter.........

Fulham at home to go 5 points clear is an absolute must win, so i will allow no doubts in my head!

Team could be

VDS
    Brown--Rio----Vida
    JOS
    Carrick---Fletch
    Ronaldo
    Park
    Berba

Tevez

Not sure wether Evra will make it, and have a feeling Ronaldo may be on the bench with Nani getting the nod, but feel that might be a bit too weak..... bit too confident!

Honestly cant see them threatening much, but they could prove slightly difficult to break down, they havent been conceding many lately

Stick to my 2 or 3 goal win prediction though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i just hope Fulham score tonight so everyones shuts the **** up about vidic & that overgrown mouse Utd have in goal.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i just hope Fulham score tonight so everyones shuts the **** up about vidic & that overgrown mouse Utd have in goal.

What if Vidic doesn't play?

I'm sure Utd fans will just forget about that goal and carry on totalling up the hours/mins they've kept a clean sheet for! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

post reported. :cool:

• Advertisement

I'm sure Utd fans will just forget about that goal and carry on totalling up the hours/mins they've kept a clean sheet for! ;)

I'm sure it's not just United fans who keep ridiculous records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He actually does look like some form of under growth mammal/rodent, I thought I was the only one who thought that.

6 points from 2 home games puts United 8 clear with Liverpool to play that Box of Chocolates Sunday, could be an excellent weekend. :D:D:D

LOL this from the guy who has repeatedly regurgitated Reinas clean sheet record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Any official word on Brown? Has he had a recurrence of his injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Swansea played with a lot of width, ambition and fluidity in the FA Cup on Saturday and Fulham struggled mightily to deal with them - getting lucky to escape with a draw. They have yet to win a league game on the road this year, drawing 6 and losing 6.

There is always the chance that they rise to the occasion, reveling in the lack of expectation and pressure. But logic dictates that the usually slim chances of that happening in a tie like tonight are particularly remote in this instance.

Ultimately, Fulham will lose by a couple of goals tonight. They have had a good season (especially when you remember how close to relegation they flew last year) and have enjoyed some great form from a couple of individual players (Hageland, Schwarzer, Murphy,). But most of what has been good about them has come at Craven Cottage. And then on the flip side you have to take into account Utd's formidable form over their past 8 league games.

United to be five points clear at the top following tonight's game.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Any official word on Brown? Has he had a recurrence of his injury?

All I have heard is that he is not fit for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Gonna head up to Murrays (Frazers) for this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Is Giggs injuured or suspended or something. As not a single boards pundit has him in their team - you'd think a would be player of the year would be first name on the team sheet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Myself , I would rather see us click up front and start putting away teams 2's 3's than banging on about this record , We got the record weeeeeeee, now lets move on. 1-0 are way too dangerous someone bound to get lucky soon and get a result.

So yes Mr ALAN I would take 3-1 right now :D

• Advertisement

Is Giggs injuured or suspended or something. As not a single boards pundit has him in their team - you'd think a would be player of the year would be first name on the team sheet?

LOL, world player of the year.

He rarely plays two games so close together. With Blackburn at the weekend and Inter next week I expect to be saved for one of those matches.

LOL, world player of the year.

He rarely plays two games so close together. With Blackburn at the weekend and Inter next week I expect to be saved for one of those matches.

It highlights the fickle nature/short term memory of football viewers - there's another thread about him being player of the year, but Utds. own fans don't have him as a starter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Des wrote: »
    I'm sure it's not just United fans who keep ridiculous records.

yea im sure Rafa has ALL the facts and records on United.. sorry Liverpool... how many liverpool fans neer shut up about their titles.. well only one more title away!!
    Highlights are on Sky Sports 1 at 10.00pm for anyone not arsed with choppy foreign streams, or going out...:)

with 53thousand gamerpoints can see u dont enjoy going out! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

He played on Sunday and even he says he is unable to recover fast enough to play a midweek and a weekend game - i.e. he needs a full week in between, so it is safe to assume that he will be rested for this game imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,455 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Go have another look at that thread - how many boards users are saying he should get player of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

with 53thousand gamerpoints can see u dont enjoy going out! haha

Ha! true, i don't really go out much, not really into alcohol + Letterkenny is crap for nightlife....:(

• Advertisement

Go have another look at that thread - how many boards users are saying he should get player of the year?

It's only Alan Hansen then. Close that thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Does anyone know of a pub in Galway, preferably in the city, that will show tonights match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Are you this bitter outside of Boards Mr. Alan?

deisedevil wrote: »
    nope.

He's worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm normally not a praying man but if you are up there Danny Murphy please please score for Liverpool I mean Fulham.

• Advertisement

deisedevil wrote: »

I'm sound.

Fahct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

I'm normally not a praying man but if you are up there Danny Murphy please please score for Liverpool I mean Fulham.

Lol. If anyone can he can. Fcekin nuisance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Oh the irony if Eric Nevland were to score against us tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

^^^^^
    that would be ghey!

I'm gonna go with:

VDS
    Neville--Ferdinand--Vidic--Evra
    Park--Carrick--Scholes--Ronaldo
    ----Berbatov----Tevez----

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Nani could well start tonight.

K4t wrote: »
    Nani could well start tonight.
    Very true, i now think that he's more likely than Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Very true, i now think that he's more likely than Park
    Nani's very much a confidence player too. It would be good if we could get him on a roll. The talent is there. He is so frustrating at times though.

Park could be saved for Milan imi. He is a big game player and the kind of player I would love to see representing United in an atmosphere like the San Siro. He'll never stop trying.

Tonights line-up:

vds

o'shea ferdinand vidic evra

ronaldo carrick scholes park

----berbatov tevez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good strong team then!

Subs:

PIG
    Rafael
    Evans
    Fletcher
    Gibson
    Nani
    Rooney

would have preferred to see Rafael in there instead of josh

• Advertisement