Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have your say- New Gorey Library

Options
  • 17-02-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Help us to help you: public consultation for the new Gorey Library
    The new Gorey Library is opening in early summer 2009. It will be a fantastic free resource/space/entertainment for the local community. It will have weekly events for children and adults and will hopefully be used as a free venue by community groups. We're starting a public consultation process to find out what people would like in their new library.

Tell us what you would like to see in your new library.
    Help us choose what services and materials we will provide.
    This Survey is also available in Large Print format or on audio CD by request, and via email sinead.ogorman@wexfordcoco.ie

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=MQ6oAU_2bXhGfWCsC3XL_2f5pQ_3d_3d

I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. If you're interested I'll keep you posted on our opening and on events.

Sinead O'Gorman
    Executive Librarian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GoreyLibrary

Sorry,
    I messed up the formatting and the embedded link. An auspicious start!

Here is the link:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=MQ6oAU_2bXhGfWCsC3XL_2f5pQ_3d_3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

Thanks - Hopefully something good comes out of it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CookesandCo

The survey is really fast to fill out. I did spot a spelling error in it though! Can you find it? :D

I see mykidstime.ie Wexford have a piece on the home page about it and a link to the survey also. Its great to see the libraries being so proactive in trying to get the word out via the net. Ya gotta love survey monkey.

Gorey has been the poor cousin of Wexford Co. Libraries for too long so have your say (and we all love that). Some of the other libraries do really cool stuff it be great to have that option in Gorey.

Well spotted! I think I found it. Gorey Library never had the space before to do exciting things. That's all about to change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

hi,

an excellent idea. I seem to remember a lot giving out when plans were first unveiled in the ashdown park that there was not a gallery space etc for artists. has this changed. one local councillor was pretty peeved. I got that email from the wexford my kidstime. I had to correct them though."the new library is not opening in the old VEC building but as part of the new civic centre delevopment on the avenue. also opening are the new council offices in the same building, the new court, HSE offices, a new VEC building ( the old one is being demolished in march) and 8 apartments"

the fact that Gorey has Irelands largest secondary school in the country and not even decent library is all we would expect from the government. This will change in the next few months when this opens. As part of the Civic developement, it will be fantastic addition to Gorey and the surrounding areas. Long overdue. some 10 years maybe?
    Media,6970,en.jpg
    Media,6969,en.gif

Al the residents of the Avenue will be more than happy when all the work on the new civic center is completed. The avenue has been an absolute building site now for more than 4 years since dunnes started, the WFC apartments and then the civic centre also. the state of the once beautiful street has just detiriorated more and more very week. the road surface is cracking up both sides. trees have been damaged, knocked down, removed, grass verges between trees ahve disappeared because of heavy haulage vehicles parking on them, getting in and out of private houses is a nightmare due to double parking, parking accross gates and driveways, the road is to be dug up on the civic centre side again in the next few weeks for more pipes and services, and then again on the other side of the street for other pipes, the whole street will effectively be dug up. but will this be before or after the place opens in april/may?

I am on the avenue residents association and the council say they are drawing up landscaping plans for ther whole street. something that has been promised now for ... 3-5 years now. The local area plan 2002 had many references to this work and itll be interesting to see what gets done. At least there will be some major parking created on site as the 2 blocks of apartments are now not being built at the front of the site. Expect to pay for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Great to see the new library opening. Is it known what the opening hours will be? The current opening times are not exactly user friendly.

Thank you for your comments. As regards the opening hours, they will be in line with other full time libraries in the county: 6 full days a week and two late nights. One of the questions on the survey is to find out when people would prefer to visit the library. That will help us decide the precise opening hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrs Stig

I am delighted that the Library is finally coming to town. It really needs it. I will fill out your survey before the weekend.

On a side note, do you know if there will be any vacancies when it opens (or the whole Civic Centre?). Ive just been told Im being made redundant from my job :(

Advertisement