Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegaterian Places in Cork

Options
  • 17-02-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend places cork which would be have a semi decent menu for a vegatarian?

Also if you know the opening hours of these places it would be v helpful.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I like my steak very bloody but my favourite restaurant in the whole world is this veggie one in cork... Cafe Paradiso, http://www.cafeparadiso.ie/

It's expensive but worth it..

T

P.S... this is a good starter "tartlet of caramelised beetroot & Bluebell Falls fresh goats cheese with salsa verde and olive-crushed potato €13"

T

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭wasper

Can anyone recommend places cork which would be have a semi decent menu for a vegatarian?

Also if you know the opening hours of these places it would be v helpful.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    The Co-op next block to FAS building cross in the city centre. They have a vegetarian restaurant upstairs & an extensive menu.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Definetly Cafe Paradiso even if it is a little expensive.

The feta, pistachio & couscous cake on citrus & nutmeg greens with sweet & hot pepper relish, coriander yoghurt and chickpeas with cumin & fresh chillies is yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 leerdun46

cafeparadiso.without a doubt the best vegetarian restaurant around,expensive but worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

leerdun46 wrote: »
    cafeparadiso.without a doubt the best vegetarian restaurant around,expensive but worth it

ok thanks for all the advice people. I like my steak as well unfort the gf is a vegataraian! Does anyone have an idea what kind of opening/closing time Cafe Paradiso normal has? I'm not living in cork so can't call down to check! Will be there for the weekend though.

How to book

Open Tuesday – Saturday
    Dinner
    Tuesday- Saturday, 5:30 – 10:00pm (last orders)
    Lunch
    Saturday 12:00 – 3:00pm.
    Please telephone us to reserve your table
    We do not accept bookings by email

<H2>Telephone

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

If you don't want to go completely veggie, it might be worth checking out places like Wagamamas, Cafe Mexicana and so on which will have stuff for both of you. (Speaking as a veggie with a meat eating OH).

Advertisement