Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick gets Compromise Rules

Options
  • 17-02-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Great news! First IRS Test will take place in GG this year! Delighted. Way prefer football to hurling anyways.
    Will be great for us to be able to go see GAA legends like our own John Galvin, Ciaran Whelan, Sean Cavanagh, Pairic Joyce, Graham Canty and Stephen Cluxton represent Ireland in the GG. Those Aussies are very hard to like!! :mad:
    Great for football, great for limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I hate GAA with a passion, but this is good for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Can't wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I hate GAA with a passion, but this is good for Limerick.

Tell me about it. I just had to endure 20 minutes of it on the monitor in front of the treadmill in the gym. Sound up full volume and no remote or access to the screen in sight. Cork v Tipp. uuugggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Berty wrote: »
    Tell me about it. I just had to endure 20 minutes of it on the monitor in front of the treadmill in the gym. Sound up full volume and no remote or access to the screen in sight. Cork v Tipp. uuugggghhh
    JJB's? When I used to go there it was usually music channels...

Anyway good news but more of a rugby fan myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Is it good news over 40 thousand aswell at the match.

Question lads how come u dont like the Gaa. Just asking now not having a go at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

1huge1 wrote: »

Club Vitae in the Maldron Hotel in Cork. Im away again tonight.
    Declan30 wrote: »

Question lads how come u dont like the Gaa. Just asking now not having a go at you.

More of a rugby man. If I got interested in GAA earlier in my life then maybe but going to a Rugby school does that to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Im more of a rugby man, but IR is a fantastic game. raw violence. hope its on late enough for us to get a feed of drink in first!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Glad to hear this. I'll definitely make an effort to go along to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I hope I'm around for this, I saw one of the games when it was played here years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

The Gaelic Grounds turned into the Colosseum for a couple of hours.Excellent stuff.I wonder will they bother with a football.

Ah now seriously it's great for Limerick to get a big match like this and hopefully a chance for us to see the Aussies beaten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭dinneenp

any dates set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

aw i'll definately be there, i wonder how much it will cost.. hopefully it will be full, closest its seen was over 48,000 in the munster final but there was still room in the terraces :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They've never filled it to absolute capacity, I imagine it would be up there with the best stadia (atmosphere-wise) if enough people actually wanted to see games there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw an American Football game there once! That was a spectacle!

24th of October is the Date for the match in Limerick 7.30pm.
    Tickets for match in croke park in 2006 was 25 euros.Not a Bad price given ticket prices these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

Declan30 wrote: »
    24th of October is the Date for the match in Limerick 7.30pm.
    Tickets for match in croke park in 2006 was 25 euros.Not a Bad price given ticket prices these days.

How many turned up for that Croker game and how many would you expect to be at the game in Limerick?

Last time in Croker it was a full house it was the game with all the fighting and the one that got it banned for 2yrs.
    I would expect around 40k in limerick for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Saw an American Football game there once! That was a spectacle!

really?? when was this?? who played?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

1huge1 wrote: »

Anyway good news but more of a rugby fan myself.

Which was worse...trying to run on a thread with a hard- on ...how fcuking hard is that?
    Always try and get a machine nowhere near a tv..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

As an Aussie, I believe I must start a fight with at least three of you on this thread to keep up the tradition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ur fcukn on :D

fatgav wrote: »
    really?? when was this?? who played?
    Part of the Treaty 300 celebrations in 1991.
    i have the programme and all from it must look up who played

Advertisement