Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options
  • 17-02-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Right so i joined a dating site , my ego needed soothing - while waiting 24 hours for my photo to be approved i got 30 hits ....yayyyyy when the photo went up I got over 700 hits in 4 days !!!! So decided to meet one special chap from Galway. He came all the way to Dublin and we met in a bar on baggot street. I didn't really recognise him from his "excellant photo" He recognised me though. So i said to myself be nice give the poo guy a chance maybe we'll have a fun chat. We had a pint and decided to go to the museum (did not want beer googles) Museum was closed so we went to the national gallery. After having a quick look around one of the rooms he said he had to go to the bathroom. Guinness had run through me so i said I'd head over that way too. So I came out of the ladies couldn't see him so I waited just across the hall from the mens bathroom.

15 minutes passed .
    I started desperatly looking for some offical to go in to the loo and make sure he hadn't fallen and hit his head..... then i got a text...

"sorry i'm not coming back"

I headed home immediatly and deleted my account.

Anyone else had a good bad or funny experience with online dating ?

If your shy please send an pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

be nice give the poo guy a chance

Are you the person Ikky Poo shagged?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Plenty more fish in the sea, too bad you're in the desert, leagues from any water....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

You should have ticked the 'Anal' box under interests and hobbies.

You should have ticked the 'Anal' box under interests and hobbies.

Speaking from experience?

• Advertisement

Anyone else think this reeks of lazy "investigative journalism"?

Collie D wrote: »
    Speaking from experience?

Yes, I always go out 'those' ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I met someone once but she turned out to be someone from a TV show trying to pry funny information out of me for the show's content. It was worth it though, I left promptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

That wasnt very nice of him to walk out like that. Thats Galway people for ya!! Jesus that was some distance to travel and head back again!!

Better off posting something like this in personal issues.

00112984 wrote: »
    Anyone else think this reeks of lazy "investigative journalism"?

The OP's name does kind of suggest that. What's the harm anyway...not like "she" will get anything in AH that they can print or broadcast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Well it's a pretty lame username to start with.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Right so i joined a dating site , my ego needed soothing - while waiting 24 hours for my photo to be approved i got 30 hits ....yayyyyy when the photo went up I got over 700 hits in 4 days !!!! So decided to meet one special chap from Galway. He came all the way to Dublin and we met in a bar on baggot street. I didn't really recognise him from his "excellant photo" He recognised me though. So i said to myself be nice give the poo guy a chance maybe we'll have a fun chat. We had a pint and decided to go to the museum (did not want beer googles) Museum was closed so we went to the national gallery. After having a quick look around one of the rooms he said he had to go to the bathroom. Guinness had run through me so i said I'd head over that way too. So I came out of the ladies couldn't see him so I waited just across the hall from the mens bathroom.

15 minutes passed .
    I started desperatly looking for some offical to go in to the loo and make sure he hadn't fallen and hit his head..... then i got a text...

Anyone else had a good bad or funny experience with online dating ?

If your shy please send an pm

Wow he must have thought you were a complete minger.

Does it happen to you often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

galway - dublin and then dublin - galway back = 5 hours :eek: some waste!

U. G. L. Y. You ain't got no alibi,
    You ugly, dooh, dooh.
    You ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I will gladly join any site that will help me get poon tang. Oh yeah!

Seriously, I would never do that to a girl. I am a firm believer in saying what you think to a persons face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I'm surprised nobody has said this yet.....

PICS OR GTFO!!!!!!!

I get the feeling that won't be the only online account she'll be deleting this week

Maybe he thought some fine art would take the edge off your face,

it didnt as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Meh... you went on a date with an asshole (noe, 011-wahtever, wasn't me!). It happens. Whether you met him on the internet or in a pub doesn't matter.

Don't let one bad experience get you down. I know people who got marrried and started families via online dating.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Considering you were not interested and he bailed out on you after all that commute.... meh.... thats just ghey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm surprised nobody has said this yet.....

PICS OR GTFO!!!!!!!

I was AFK

Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ok, this is turning harsh, which is probably my fault.
    Nevertheless, OP you need to think about a paper bag, nothing fancy but you have to cover up if you wanna land a man. It worked wonders for Ugly Bob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

So I came out of the ladies couldn't see him so I waited just across the hall from the mens bathroom.

15 minutes passed .

LMFAO.

Ice breaker = national gallery?

/FAIL.

He came from Galway to see you, and didnt even hang around for a quick rattle..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ok, this is turning harsh, which is probably my fault.
    Nevertheless, OP you need to think about a paper bag, nothing fancy but you have to cover up if you wanna land a man. It worked wonders for Ugly Bob!

Maybe two paper bags seeing as how he legged it so quickly.

One for your head and one for his head in case your bag falls off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

TheZohan wrote: »
    Maybe two paper bags seeing as how he legged it so quickly.

Brown paper bags too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

TheZohan wrote: »

LMAO!

I litterally laughed out in work when i read that

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok, OP. I gave you the chance to admit to working for a production company or to at least explain your intentions here.

You have failed to do so.
    We're done here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement