Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a easy web design subject

Options
  • 17-02-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Need a easy web design subject to make a website?
    Hi Everyone,
    I have to design a web site for uni and i find it hard so does any1 know a easy subject i could do a web site on?

Also does any1 know a step by step guide on how to make a website in pspad which is where i have to make d website in. I know about HTML but just wondering on a guide to make one is all step by step , nice and easy and simply.

The guidelines are as follows :

Pages directory, with at least four valid pages, the first of which is called index.html.
    Images directory, with all images.
    Your main page must provide convenient navigation to other pages and back.
    The website should employ a common design threme and color scheme throughout.
    The overall layout of the site can be done using tables and has to be of at least the same standard as examples shown in class which is with banners and tables etc, the basic way at the start.
    It should contain an image map.
    At least one list of items.
    At least 1 fill out form.
    At least one table of information if you haven't already used tables for the layout of the site.
    Include at least two hyperlinks to similar external websites.
    All pages should include links from the bottom of the page to the top of the page, and also a link to the home page (ie a back to top and home link on every page).
    Each page must have a menu of links to the other pages.
    Include an email link to your email address.
    Include Meta tags on the index page, with relevant key words, description, copyright, austhor and content type/ character set for your site.
    At least two relevant images. If you are using photographic images then scan them in and investigate adobe photoshop - this product will reduce the size of images for faster downloading.
    All internal links ( within site) should be relative.
    Include some form of navigation in the form of a site map.
    marks will also be deducted if the site does not validate.
    Marks will be awarded for the attention paid to practical web design - Fundamentals of the Web Design.htm and Accessibility issues.

I will need to include the following in a word document :
    Description of your website
    Identify potention customers
    List of reference from where you acquired your information/ images

Include a drawing of your inital layout and any subsequent changes you made to the layout.
    Include reports generated from an accessibility tool of your choice

So does anyone have any ideas for an easy and simply website to make on any subject at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Always a need for grammar websites! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭blathnaid21

Dades wrote: »
    Always a need for grammar websites! ;)

What do u mean?what does grammar got to do wit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I had the same prob,well do one on your interests,failing that do one for one of your college soc's or a band

Advertisement