Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need funds, how can I best go about getting it?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I'm not working at the moment. I own a house completely worth about €650,000 that is on the market to rented & should bring in €1,500 a month or so. I need to raise some money (€500-1000) or so. I was refused a Credit Card application on the basis that there has not been much activity on my account. Is there any way at all I can raise it. I appreciate any help given

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Glacier wrote: »
    I'm not working at the moment. I own a house completely worth about €650,000 that is on the market to rented & should bring in €1,500 a month or so. I need to raise some money (€500-1000) or so. I was refused a Credit Card application on the basis that there has not been much activity on my account. Is there any way at all I can raise it. I appreciate any help given

A Job?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ouch! Overdraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

I'm going to trying that.

Get a job? or an Overdraft? because you will have serious difficulty getting one (i.e the Overdraft) without the other (Job). Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What, the job or the overdraft?! Your internal credit rating may just give you the same decline but it might work.

• Advertisement

I'm trying the Overdraft

Am I screwed?

From experience I'm afraid the O/D will not happen. Sorry but it won't unless you have some sort of income to warrent same.

Even if I can proove that there will be income with letter from Agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

The simplest way to get funds in is drop your asking price on the rental property to attract a tenant! You'll get 2 months rent in the door straight away (deposit + month in advance).

There's no point saying "it's worth xxx euro a month" while it lies empty for a few months (or in your case having it empty for even a few weeks is crazy given your need for cash).

Finally I presume a letter from a letting agency won't be worth the paper it's written on given the state of the rental market these days.

• Advertisement

So Am I Doomed?

Advertisement