Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaweaver Database connection nightmare

Options
  • 17-02-2009 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I am running a website that uses php pages and connects to a mysql database.

This has been working fine,

yet today all of a sudden when I logged in I have no longer been able to access the database through dreamweaver.

My database connection settings have not changed,

when I try and add a new recordset for example

I get a message box which says

File Activity ---www.mysite.ie
    Testing Database Connection

after about 5 mins i then get a message box

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

1) there is no testing server running on this machine
    2) The testing server specified for this site does not map to the http://www.mysite.ie/mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDb.php URL
    Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root of the site.

Does anyone have any experience of this,
    or any ideas on what I should do?

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Possibly a network/firewall change has made the connection not possible anymore.

You should learn php/mysql rather than depending on dreamweaver for the functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

colm_c wrote: »
    Possibly a network/firewall change has made the connection not possible anymore.

You should learn php/mysql rather than depending on dreamweaver for the functionality.

cheers yeah i figured it out this morning that that is what it was after a lot of anger.

I will be finished with it possibly for ever in a few week's do don't think I will,

thanks again for advice.

Advertisement