Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Slow Cooker Do You Own?

• 17-02-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭

I'm thinking of investing in a slow cooker. It seems like an economical way to cook in these recessionary times. Can any of you boardsies recommend a make and model?

I generally cook for the two of us but love to have a crowds over for dinner so a larger size might suit me. I've seen the Morphy Richards ones in DID. What are they like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Got the Anthony Warrell Thompson on a recommendation from here, I've only one complaint on it and that's that the plastic handle on the glass lid isn't oven-safe if you decide to make a lasagne in the ceramic dish. When used as a slow cooker, it's grand (if a bit big for two people, really).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I too have the Anthony Worral Thompson one and I love it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-Antony-Worrall-Thompson-Stainless/dp/B0015CRZPK
    I got mine in Argos - they have a wide range.

Slow cookers are great - you can put everything in and forget about it until dinner time.
    And they use very little electricity.

Advertisement