Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vision of Escaflowne?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Have any of you lot seen it? Is it worth watching and what are the themes ect?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

There was a very poor quality dub called "Escaflowne". Avoid it. Oh, and the anime and manga are very different from what I hear.

"Destiny" is a major theme. Also magic robots. And dragons. And magic robots that turn into dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Escaflowne is a many headed beast.

I've only encountered one of its heads. The shounen manga. It was kinda good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I saw the series. Not bad at all. The animation can be a bit dated at times but overall quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I saw two episodes. Had no idea what was happening,but my friend who got me into anime said its awesome and to check it out. I plan on doing that when i get a chance,it seems complicated and interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Have 4ish volumes of manga, enjoyable, but eh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 T3h-Slayer

i've fnished the anime. its some kind of fantasy mixed with romance and mechas and its not bad at all. avoid the dubbed version though because its realy lame. the opening and endings sucks since the series is after all 12 years old but anime itself is interesting and worthy to watch till the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

Compare the openings of the original and the dub

Sub
    Dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 T3h-Slayer

the opening and ending for both the sub and the dub are still lame.

Advertisement