Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB bank egged by man in suit!

Options
  • 17-02-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0217/aibeggs.html
    rte wrote:
    An AIB branch in Cork literally has egg on its face after it was hit by a man in a suit.

AIB has said it does not know the identity of the man who threw dozens of eggs at its regional offices and branch on the South Mall in Cork city around 11.30 today.

The well-dressed man stood on the street and brought traffic to a halt for a number of minutes as he threw eggs from a cardboard box at the building.
    Advertisement

He disappeared shortly afterwards, leaving the empty box behind him.

An AIB spokeswoman confirmed the incident, but said the man did not come into the building.

The spokeswoman said AIB did not know who the man was or why he threw the eggs at the building.

She said the bank would not be making a complaint to the gardaí.

So who's the culprit for skulling the thankful and grateful AIB, a boardsie? ;):D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Pity it wasn't rocks he was throwing, or better still grenades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

fair play to him:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

gurramok wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0217/aibeggs.html

So who's the culprit for skulling the thankful and grateful AIB, a boardsie? ;):D

Probably a pissed off bank manager who has had to take a 1 million euro pay cut and is now expected to live on only 2 milliona year.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

He picked the wrong bank if he was the guy earning under 2m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Pity it wasn't rocks he was throwing, or better still grenades.

It would be hard to crack the shell of the bank's loot :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Get in there Citizen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

He was obviously yoked out of it!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

dewdrop wrote: »
    He picked the wrong bank if he was the guy earning under 2m

:p Beat me to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Staff had to scramble for assistance :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

That's eggactly what the bank deserves,

I'll get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Eggscellent news, the bank will have egg on its face after this.

Get in there Citizen!

Stop egging him on!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I heard the Garda F1 fighter jets were scrambled:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

He couldn't have hatched that plan all by himself... He's some yolk, I'll give him that... :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

That's so last recession....We threaten to turn ourselves into human fireballs these days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Wonder if he was wearing Air Max and a Celtic jersey would this have been reported differently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Collie D wrote: »
    Wonder if he was wearing Air Max and a Celtic jersey would this have been reported differently

Most scumbags have their wedding suits from when they were 13 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

This is eggstremely disquieting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Throwing food? In a recession? Rich bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There was a nutcase a few years back in Limerick who went up the street with a baseball bat smashing all the windows of shops. When questioned he said he was trying to show criminals there were ways of committing crimes without resorting to violence.

Idiot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

no court in the land would convict you for doing this to this shower of scumbags
    well done sir bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The start of something beautiful,
    A yoke called revolution.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Shame he didn't spray his mayo all over it.
    Get it? Mayo? It's made from eggs. But it kinda makes ya think of semen. No not seamen! Ah nevermind. Goddamn AH and it's simple pun-based humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pcworldsucks

I have an idea - EGG THESE CORRUPT DISGRACEFUL BANKS that have cost us, the decent hardworking taxpayers, dearly. EGG THE F*CK out of them then take a picture of it and post it up here so we can LAUGH AT THE B*ASTARDS. if enough places get egged it is sure to get media coverage and highlight PUBLIC ANGER AND DISSATISFACTION and increase pressure on politicians TO MAKE THESE CORRUPT C*NTS face trial and possible JAIL TIME. Myself and my 3 siblings all work in the public service and are facing into tough times because of these GREEDY F*UCKS. Sorry for the language, I am just very angry about this whole situation.

Edit: Actually I think this idea merits a thread of its own so Im gonna post this there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I have an idea - EGG THESE CORRUPT DISGRACEFUL BANKS that have cost us, the decent hardworking taxpayers, dearly. EGG THE F*CK out of them then take a picture of it and post it up here so we can LAUGH AT THE B*ASTARDS. if enough places get egged it is sure to get media coverage and highlight PUBLIC ANGER AND DISSATISFACTION and increase pressure on politicians TO MAKE THESE CORRUPT C*NTS face trial and possible JAIL TIME. Myself and my 3 siblings all work in the public service and are facing into tough times because of these GREEDY F*UCKS. Sorry for the language, I am just very angry about this whole situation.

I think we might have found the culprit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ah yes the old but always successful egg people until the guards are forced to arrest them for their crimes.
    Edit: Actually I think this idea merits a thread of its own so Im gonna post this there instead.

Erm, welcome to boards so :)

Was it you shooter?

Your nick kinda explains your good aim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

anyone noticed, the story was in the Craic section on RTE's website, rather than the Business or Crime section.
    those staffs working at the AIb local branch probably were terrified when the egging took place, and some people think this is funny?!
    some may say AIB got what it deserved, but what about the innocent wage earners who happen to be in the branch at the time?

http://www.rte.ie/news/index.html

1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

MasterSun wrote: »
    those staffs working at the AIb local branch probably were terrified when the egging took place, and some people think this is funny?!

Terrified?

Undoubtedly they thought it was terrorists. :rolleyes:

Advertisement