Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Actions Shots....

• 17-02-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Folks,

I am looking at taking sports actions shots of animals, indoor and outdoor where space will be limited.
    From what I can make out I will need a very fast camera to get the ideal shot without using up space with numerous shots of the same subject.
    I would imagine a wide lens for indoor also.
    Equipment wise I fear I don't have what I will need to get decent results.
    Could I be cheeky and ask for your advise on the acceptable (mid-range) spec of camera and lens that would be required to do this properly.
    Ideally if you could let me know a make and model of each it would be great.

Assistance very much appreciated,

Daniel

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its a fast lens ya need not a fast camera... look at lens with 2.8 as a minimum apeture from wide to tele.... thats it.... basically.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

As regards make and models you're actually considering a photographic system which is tied to a brand and will keep you happily upgrading (and being broke) for years to come :)

You do need to decide on Canon / Nikon / Sony / Pentax / Olympus - all great brands and well up to the task that you describe.

As melekalikimaka then says it will be down to what lens you can afford. You need to do a bit of googling / reading on f/stop values of lens but basically what melekalikimaka was saying is that for indoor shoots you will generally need a lens which can handle low light which is where the lower the value of the f/stop (f2.8 as melekalikimaka suggests) the better results you can expect.

It will take practice i'd suggest to get used to. Check out boards poster Borderfox (Keith) - his flickr is http://flickr.com/photos/12478075@N00/ - He does lots of indoor horse photography. I'd be surprised if he doesn't chip in here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 danielsamson

Thanks folks, appreciate the help

Advertisement