Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error 633: 3 modem e220, already in use?

• 17-02-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭

can anyone help, i'm stumped..

trying to connect a 3 modem to the internet, get's as far as dialing up then:

error 633: The modem (or other connection device) is already in use or is not configured properly

i've tried everthing, no remaning software left that could be conflicting, no errors in device manager....any idea what could be the problem, i've also tried the modem in every usb port....modem works correctly on other computers...

tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i used to get that error occasionally with my three E220 and usually uninstalling the whole thing including deleting the huweii file folder from your pc then reinstalling the modem and software again usually worked, and delete temporary files remove the sim card and wipe it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

cheers Foggy but that won't solve the problem, it's a computer problem, the computer is convinced something else is using the ports but nothing is left to use the USB ports....

it's the first time i've ever failed to get a modem working, i've tried all the online help guides etc but nothing is fixing it, I really don't want to re install windows but i'm starting to think it's the only possible solution...

Advertisement