Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen based TV programmes

• 17-02-2009 9:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heat is back on RTE tonight at 20:30 if anyone watched last series and wants to tune in. Kevin Dundon and Kevin Thornton go head to head with amateur chefs.

Anything else on at the minute worth a looking out for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Have you got UKTVfood? I'm very partial to a spot of Market Kitchen of an evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Yeah, never really got into Market Kitchen though, must give it another shot.

I'll watch re-runs of Rick Stein though they haven't been on of late. I also watch most of Ramsey's shows too.

Given up on Master chef, it's way too repetitive.

I really like Tom Parker-Bowles and Matthew Fort. And they have some great guests on too. AND it's not repeated ad nauseum since it's new show every evening.

I love the Hairy Bikers - and Rick Stein too. He was on 'Who do you think you are' on BBC1 the other night. We took a holiday on the Canal du Midi after his French Odssey series.

Masterchef... mastersnooze. Barefoot Contessa, I KNOW how to make a sandwich thank-you-please.

I can't really think of any new shows that are not on UKTVfood?

olaola wrote: »

I love the Hairy Bikers - and Rick Stein too. We took a holiday on the Canal du Midi after his French Odssey series.

We'd love to this ourselves in a couple of years. It appeared to be a totally different life over there. Did you enjoy it?

We'd love to this ourselves in a couple of years. It appeared to be a totally different life over there. Did you enjoy it?

It was one of my favourite holidays :) We did a round trip from Narbonne, so we got as far Bezier. We're thinking of heading back this year - we went a little too late in the season I think. Just early Oct (was still hot!) but I think mid-Sept might be the best time. A few of the restaurants had started to close for the year.
    Stopping off in little villages, filling up water bottles (with wine!) from the taps in Chateaus, cycling to the boulangerie and eating duck for every course of the meal! It's exactly as you see it in the program.

• Advertisement

Sounds super and certainly something I'll do, thanks olaola.

Advertisement