Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website

Options
  • 17-02-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I am looking for some advice
    I want to build a website for a gardening business I want to set up. It doesn't need to be anything complicated - just on-line and searchable.
    Can anyone tell me where to start and is there a cost associated with having the website running?
    I really don't have a clue about this stuff - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

domain between 6 - 30 quid

hosting probably around the 50 ish a year mark

template ... free / templatemonster / custom (you pay for what you get)

Logo

SEO (search engine optimization ... really should be an integral part of what you're getting these days)

PPC campaign (adwords campaign if your budget allows)

Getting to number 1 on google for the keywords that matters ... priceless ... for everything else there's mastercard and a PPC campaign so you get listing on the page at least

and so on ...

cost of doing it yourself ... your time .. and probably a hell of a lot of time.

Getting naturally listed will be your main concern I'd guess ... you can have all the websites you want but if they aren't on the first page you're probably not going to be using the page for people randomly finding your site ..

hope that helps some

Advertisement