Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil Engineer change of career

• 17-02-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm a civil engineer 3 years experience working on sites around the country. Now find myself out of work, have been looking for ages here and in UK with no luck. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or in same situation, or any info on further training I could do, even if it brought me away from engineering. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Probably a bit to late but ill move this to a more appropriate forum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mrengineer wrote: »
    Hi I'm a civil engineer 3 years experience working on sites around the country. Now find myself out of work, have been looking for ages here and in UK with no luck. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or in same situation, or any info on further training I could do, even if it brought me away from engineering. Thanks
    Unfortunately the ass has fallen out of the whole building industry - well at least all the larger projects. Maybe ring round a few places and let them know you are available for freelance work. If you have house construction experience and the appropriate PI cover then you could also approach a few of the lending agencies and let them know that you are available for supervision work.

You could also get a list of the agents from your local planning dept and mail these guys to also advise of your availability and the type of work that you can be retained for. There are a lot of people out there submitting plans/applications but are unable to get involved with the actual construction end of things then.

Dont get involved with the BER assessments as there is a glut of registered assessors at the moment and the work isn't there for them

Persevere and Im sure something will turn up.

Advertisement