Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic HS100 can't import AVCHD into Mac

Options
  • 17-02-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Panasonic HS100 not connecting with iMac
    Hi

I've recently bought the Panasonic HDC-HS100 and have taken alot of footage with it that I need. I used the HD Writer software that came with it with my Dell laptop but the footage would only play 4 frames per second, I presume that was because the laptop is four years old and just not up to standard. Now I'm using an iMac but the software supplied by Panasonic is only for Windows.

I've connected the camera and still images show fine but I can't get the video footage to open. I've got Premiere Pro version 3.1.1, do I need a newer version. I've also got iMovie 6.0.3 and its the same story but I'm pretty sure that version is too old anyway.

Do I need to download a Panasonic driver that will suit Mac?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

A (very) quick google search reveals that iMovie '08 or newer is required to work with AVCHD files.

Adobe will tell you that Premier Pro CS4 or Elements 7 are required (http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403297)

They also have some alternatives there for using the format with older versions.

AVCHD is processor intensive so a decent Mac would be required.

I would recommend obtaining trial versions (where possible) of the above software to ensure it works with your camera and Mac before purchase!

Good luck.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

panasonic have a program on there website tht will convert the files so it can be used in PP3 . Do a search on the adobe website . they have a page on how to use PP3 with AVCHD files.

Advertisement