Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floating Restaurant Anyone?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Anyone been on the 'La Peniche' restaurant on the Mespil canal in Dublin? Any good? Food ok? Thinking of hiring it for a birthday party but if the price is the same as 'Chapter One' is it worth it for the 'wow' factor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I've never been on the other boat but I was involved in the conversion of the Cill Airne which is moored in Dubllin now. The interior work that I saw (I left before the end of the conversion) was fantastic. They're set up as a restaurant so I presume you can book a function room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

How big is your party? I've been there for dinner and it's a lovely novelty. It's a nice place, food is yum but the menu isn't huge. It's a small enough boat, no room to roam around so be careful with the numbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

I second the Cill Airne, it's decor is gorgeous and so is the food.
    The staff are really pleasant and helpful. I
    work nearby and often go for lunch on board.

Advertisement