Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop problem

Options
  • 17-02-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

My new laptop from pcworld broke down after 2 months and I brought it into them to be fixed/replaced. This was 5 months ago and I still haven't gotten it back. They said its with the manufacturer who's 'probably' trying to fix it. I persoanlly think they forgot about it and didnt send it backt to the manufacturer for the first X months and only did so after I harrassed them enough. Thats if they didnt lose it. Is this an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a laptop to get fixed? Is there anything I can do to get this sorted out faster? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

My new laptop from pcworld broke down after 2 months and I brought it into them to be fixed/replaced. This was 5 months ago and I still haven't gotten it back. They said its with the manufacturer who's 'probably' trying to fix it. I persoanlly think they forgot about it and didnt send it backt to the manufacturer for the first X months and only did so after I harrassed them enough. Thats if they didnt lose it. Is this an unreasonable amount of time to wait for a laptop to get fixed? Is there anything I can do to get this sorted out faster? Thanks.
    you are very patient to wait so long as reasonably they should have a laptop repaired within a few weeks and the repair time should then be added to your warranty.

you should write to then asking them to return your fixed laptop or replace with a new one or refund the full cost and give them ten days to respond before you get forms for the small claims court!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

not a hope of that being an acceptable turnaround time, 5 months, ffs! i'm assuming of course that it's a fault with the laptop had and not a case of it accidentally being broken by yourself. you'll need to have a chat with the manager in there with a view to getting an immediate resolution. i'd be on to the small claims web site if that resolution is not forthcoming.

my personal experiences with DSG are actually quite good (believe it or not). they couldn't fix my 18 month old limited edition laptop. it was away 2.5 weeks when i received a voucher for a new laptop and another voucher to cover the remainder of the insurance period

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Yes if it was a manufactior problem, you can get a new one.
    (Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994)

Advertisement