Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband in Donaghmede

Options
  • 17-02-2009 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

If you visit the ups website & enter Dublin 13 as the location it tells you that broadband is available in the area, however while it's available in Baldoyle, it's not in Donaghmede. I have BT & the most I can get is 2 MB due to being over 6km from the exchange.

For the last two days I've been working from home & have noticed a lot of UPC activity at a box in the ground across the road from my house, also a guy with a clipboard walking the street, checking something on the houses & ticking off a form.

I asked one of the guys what was going on today & he told me that they're in the process of getting ready to roll out BB in the area & completion date should be around May/June.

hope that helps anyone in the area who's interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PotBelly

Strange, where in donamede do you live (old donamede?)

My mate lives in grattan wood/hall and has upc 10meg.

Works fine, I just assumed if you have wired coax for your digital tv package coming into your house you can get bb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PotBelly

Gotta love double posts...................oh yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I'm over by the shops. My dad's had it for about three years now in Baldoyle but they haven't got around to here yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Great news. I'm at the back of Grangemore and I'm mithered by Eircom's service and slow speeds campared to what I'm paying for.

Whereabouts did you see the UPC guy?

I rang UPC there and they knew nothing about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lambchops

It's seems odd that i'm on St Donagh's and have had their BB for coming up on a year. Why would they have two areas either side of the shops enabled and not have the area surrounding the shops enabled.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

6km from the exchange? Are you positive?

It's just as odd, when I put in my telephone number on their website, it says I can get their BB package yet when I ring them, they say I can't! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lambchops

i've heard of some false positives when an area is about to be enabled in the coming weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Grangemore also flanzer. UPC vans & guys on the road for most of Fri/Mon/Tue.

Rorser - The exchange is Belcamp. I've been told on many an occasion by both eircom & BT that we're just over 6km from it, "practically the last house on the wire" is how one person put it

Happy Days iMax! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

As an added bonus Grangemore will the first area to trial a new type of cable architecture. Everything going well it should be completed before summer.

Advertisement