Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta House Hotel - Closed?

Options
  • 17-02-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about the Setanta House Hotel in Celbridge? Drove past this mornig and the gates were locked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah saw that myself this mornin, i heard on the radio afterwards that they are closin due to financial difficulties

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

From KFM's news page
    KFM wrote:
    Celbridge's Setanta House Closing For "Forseeable" Future

A spokesperson for the Setanta House Hotel in Celbridge has confirmed within the last few moments that the facility is closing for the forseeable future.

All deposits paid are being refunded, and anyone who'd planned an event there is being contacted.

In all, over 40 staff are affected.

The hotel is blaming the economic downturn, and other financial pressures.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

establishment itself will be of no loss whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

ChewChew wrote: »
    establishment itself will be of no loss whatsoever!

How are you going to spend your Friday nights now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Where will I wear my Celtic jersey now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

The Mucky Duck! Theres no-one in there so you can wear the shirt with pride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Heard yesterday the K Club is having problems also!!Anyone heard anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

lol harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Sorry for the peoples' jobs , however not sorry to see the place go , I made the mistake of eating there once ( I never went back ).....

dirty
    rubbish food
    poor service
    expensive

Other than that it was ok !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

The building itself, apart from the extensions, is still beautiful, and is a protected structure. It would be great if it was properly restored, including the gate and lodge.

All I have heard about the K Club was that they are planning to build apartments within the walled gardens. That whole area is protected also, but it appears that people are unlikely to object. I must say that all the new houses within the grounds are very tastefully done. Straffan is a lovely place and very well cared for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Joe Public wrote: »
    How are you going to spend your Friday nights now?

dont you worry about me mister!!! :p

Dont diss the duck dude! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Sorry for the peoples' jobs , however not sorry to see the place go , I made the mistake of eating there once ( I never went back ).....

dirty
    rubbish food
    poor service
    expensive

Other than that it was ok !!!

I never had the pleasure but it sounds wonderful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Put it this way , the restaurant reviewer in the Liffey Champ normally says good things ,even if it's obvious she didn't really like the place she tends to be positive however the review she did for the Setanta Hse was really really bad.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 upnaas

Anyone know the Real story with the killashee house hotel, they came out and said they are not closing, then they close down their staff accommodation. heard the owners are going thru a messy divorce????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amyv

Im very worried about this, have my wedding booked for Oct this year in the Killashee, have paid a few thousand deposit already..... love the hotel , hope it doesnt close down, but im getting more and more worried every day, hearing all sorts, the staff in the hotel are not saying much when I called to ask if there was any truth in it.....just said that things were fine and it was not going to close

The owner has stated its not closing, cant see how it could as it does a huge amount of functions. Why dont you ask in writing to the owner and manager. Might put you at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amyv

Think I might put it in writing,

I did see the article he released, but Im thinking no smoke without fire.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

As for the Setanta, you gotta wonder how a Hotel that survived many a recession goes bust at the first signs of a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

but Im thinking no smoke without fire

A fine saying, if not an accurate one.

In cases like this, there appears to be plenty of smoke. Mostly blowing out of people asses.

Rumours like these tend self-perpetuating. "Oh my friend heard this", then 'friend' tells a friend, who tells a friend, etc etc. Soon people will be sending the Kilashee three and fourpence because they are going to a dance..

Lets hope Sunderland FC stay up this year as the owner of the Killashee owns 15% of the club!!.

• Advertisement
Advertisement