Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team Fortress 2 - Scout Update Coming Feb 24th (First Unlock Revealed)

Options
  • 17-02-2009 10:38pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The scout update for TF2 will be released this day week.:)

Details on the first unlock have also been revealed.
    TEAM FORTRESS 2 SCOUT UPDATE COMING NEXT WEEK Scout Site Unveiling Release Details February 17, 2008 - Valve, creators of award-winning games and leading technologies, today announced a set of new releases for Team Fortress 2, the title named Editor's Favorite Game of All Time by PC Gamer (UK). The releases are headline by the Scout Update and will be made available Tuesday, February 24. Between now and then, folks can learn more about what's coming by checking www.tf2.com/scoutupdate each day.
    Valve have just announced the first unlockable weapon for the scout, arriving with the upcoming scout update. The "Sandman" will allow scout players to smack a baseball at enemy players, stunning them. The longer the baseball is traveling in the air before it hits an enemy's skull, the longer the enemy will be stunned for. The drawback to using the new bat is that the player will be unable to double jump while using it.

http://www.steamfriends.com/news/3907/first-scout-unlock-revealed-team-fortress-2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Boinkalicious. Dying to find out what the new secondary is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Gah, scouts everywhere for the next few weeks so, time to change tactics... *Rubs minigun*

Please GOD let the next update be the soldier, mah boy needs new guns!

Dakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakkadakka....

I need more Dakka. I am Giant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

V!alli wrote: »
    Gah, scouts everywhere for the next few weeks so, time to change tactics... *Rubs minigun*

Please GOD let the next update be the soldier, mah boy needs new guns!

Lots of people speculating that Spy is next . . . oh goody.:D

In any case, the waiting period for the next update should not be that long after the Scout update.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Lots of people speculating that Spy is next . . . oh goody.:D

pleased.jpg

who are these people btw?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Slightly off topic but does no on else think the the original TF was miles better than TF2?

In my defence I used to love TF and played it alot (before CS 1.6) and I've never really gotten into TF2 but just feel its been totally changed and the best parts are gone (conc grens etc).

Anyone else with me?

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Grrr, damn you Valve, bring updates to Live!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am guessing tonights news update will give us info on the upcoming community map.

I am guessing tonights news update will give us info on the upcoming community map.
    Who knows. I'd like to hear what their new gamemode/map is, but im also itching to see what they do with the pistol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah but who plays Arena anymore? OR the previous community maps that were added? Arena mode seemed to be the one big flop with TF2 so far ...

I would like to see more new maps using the alpine texture set though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Hopefully the new maps and game modes will be announced tonight.;)

EDIT: Achievement details out - http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/energydrink.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the pistol is being replaced by BONK

the shotgun is being replaced by the force of nature, has a powerful knockback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

Finally! It's been about 6 or 7 months since the last update e.gif At this rate the rest of the updates won't be out until 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, they mentioned before that the reason for the big delay is that they had most of their people working on Left4Dead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/force-a-nature.htm

Well, here's the Scout's new weapon - the Force a Nature - I predict a lot of airborne insanity in maps for the next couple of weeks.

New Update Has been released. The 6th reveal day was just really, really stupid. No other way to say it: that must have pissed off countless people.

I've only seen the Sandman when someone was trying to hit me with it - it doesnt sound quite right but a lot of people are calling it mighty powerful, so its a good trade to lose doublejump.

Oh, and surprise: they claim to have fixed the facestab problem. Apparently they have sped up the backstab animation so it now takes about 1/10th the time it used to take to play out. Its as close to instant as you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Haven't played the update yet but Jesus, Release day is the worst bit of update news they could have shown.

I stayed up later than I should have hoping to get a glimpse at a new map or Meet the Team video. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

valve is trolling.

Ha, nice one Valve. Well I haven't got the update yet naturally, but it does leave that unanswered question of what the mysterious map in the background of day 3 was (the one with the colour-coded dual tracks). I guess that's for another day!

One thing I can be sure of is that by the time I get the update this evening & try it out on a server or two, at least half the scouts there will be up to milestone 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Spies can now control which weapon the enemy team sees them holding. Hitting the "last disguise" key while disguised updates the disguise to show the Spy's currently held weapon
    oh baby.....

Advertisement