Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making movies from n95

• 17-02-2009 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

can any help please,
    i filmed my kids boxing matches on my mobile,but cant find a movie maker that will thak mp4,have tried a few but no luck,thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Try Cut Assistant on SourceForge, this will help edit\trim .mp4 files from Nokia phones. I have used this succesfully in the past. Free software.

Cut Assistant

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cutassistant/

I was using it alongside MP4Box. Free software.

MP4Box

http://kurtnoise.free.fr/mp4tools/MP4Box-0.4.5.zip

---

01. Download Cut Assistant, unzip contents to a folder.
    02. Download MP4Box, unzip contents to a folder.
    03. Copy contents of MP4Box folder.
    04. Paste contents of MP4Box folder into the Cut Assistant folder.
    05. Start up Cut Assistant by clicking on cut_assistant.exe.

See attached .jpg file to get an idea of the user interface. Cut_Assistant-User_Interface.jpg

---

Cut Assistant is great for preparing phone clips for YouTube, it does not 'transcode' the clip. Remove any extra footage with frame by frame accuracy. I'm not sure if it'll do what you want, but it might, so I thought I'd chip in with the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tonym467

cheers for that,too late now to try but will try it tommorrow,thats if i don't cut my finger off and have to paste it back on,:onot much of a computer man here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

You could also use a video converter like Super to encode them as something more readily editable like AVI or WMV. Many ways to skin a cat.

Advertisement