Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddies Weekend in Galway

Options
  • 17-02-2009 11:07pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've had a good read through the resource list (v.good btw!) but I thought I'd post to ask. Does Galway do a Paddies Festival the way Dublin does (events all weekend in the lead up to the parade), or just a parade on the day? I am coming up on the weekend 14th/15th March, Sat & Sun and Paddies day is on the Tuesday.

http://www.stpatricksgalway.com/ - this site is not available at present and when it was the other day I only had a quick glance at some parade pictures.

I am sure there will be PLENTY for us to do besides Paddies day stuff, but just wanted to ensure we're not missing anything big!

Thanks,
    Jess

Comments

Normally we just manage to do a bit of a parade on the 17th.

And hopefully we will be able to watch Corofin and Portumna back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Paddy day in Galway = grey skies, a couple of milk floats, accordions, drunk teenagers every where at 4pm, vomit all over the streets, green milkshakes in Supermacs and suds in the fountain in Eyre Square.

Advertisement