Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primetime on FAS in Castlebar

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 knex

Glad to see ground is more level now from local radio and local papers.
    Mike milotte has made it quite clear there was no wrongdoing. Meals on wheeles was just part of a application that included other worthy causes in castlebar and surrounding areas. Meals on wheeles got their share. All fas scheme could provide was assistance with staffing they had no other fund to draw from.And had the building not been maintained by fas cooking could not go ahead there.Local radio said of three people working in the kitchen one was fas funded thats 33% which is more than meals was of the application.Hse funded other kitchen help.Lads the score is about even now so could everybody get back to basics and wonder where all the bank money is and not be worrying about Eddies €350 from 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Out of curiousity, are you Eddie Hoban?

Youve been running damage control here, pretending to know whats what so Id appreciate if you could at least declare your interest.

I am not Eddie Hoban and I am not 79 years of age either as Eddie has said on local Radio today. Are You PJ Nally who would not talk to local radio today because you have been found out what locals think of you.

Back to the fishing PJ Good on ya!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

knex wrote: »
    Glad to see ground is more level now from local radio and local papers.
    Mike milotte has made it quite clear there was no wrongdoing. Meals on wheeles was just part of a application that included other worthy causes in castlebar and surrounding areas. Meals on wheeles got their share. All fas scheme could provide was assistance with staffing they had no other fund to draw from.And had the building not been maintained by fas cooking could not go ahead there.Local radio said of three people working in the kitchen one was fas funded thats 33% which is more than meals was of the application.Hse funded other kitchen help.Lads the score is about even now so could everybody get back to basics and wonder where all the bank money is and not be worrying about Eddies €350 from 2002.

Why believe local radio over RTE?

I'm sure if RTE can get it wrong so can MWR or whoever it is?

Your reply is interesting but why the evasive answers to simple questions?

There are obvious questions to answer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

What questions are to answer? . Are you Mike Milotte. Did not see you nominated as journalist of the year on RTE recently Mike or were You out of town that week staying in castlebar on the backs of us TAX payers harassing old folk at their houses. Good on you Mike some journalist you are.Best of luck whoever you are.

• Advertisement

What questions are to answer? . Are you Mike Milotte. Did not see you nominated as journalist of the year on RTE recently Mike or were You out of town that week staying in castlebar on the backs of us TAX payers harassing old folk at their houses. Good on you Mike some journalist you are.Best of luck whoever you are.

Thanks for the automated responses on this thread.

You haven't disproved the programmes claims, just whataboutery.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Thanks for that. You have coped the whole story finally>
    Local spat gone wrong.

Thanks for that. You have coped the whole story finally>
    Local spat gone wrong.

YEP, Indeed, but it's public taxpayers funds gone wrong.

But you'll just defend it because it's a local spat gone wrong.

Listen, just give me your email address, it's easier for automated responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Faster Doudle

Knex. Your arguments here are as ineffective as Eddie's were on the programme. Do you seriously think that people will take that local radio and newspaper coverage as fact? It's a load of drivel. You've come on here claiming that your case is proven because your paper thin arguments have been regurtitated in print and on air locally. Prime Time have built a certain reputation over the years and therefore their coverage carries much more weight than the likes of the Mayo advertiser. The onus of proof is on you and imo you've absolutely failed to adequately address and explain the issues raised on tv.

It's funny that you think Milotte could be bothered posting on a thread here. Why would he bother when he showed you up as chancers so effectively on air? What could he possibly have to gain? I agree with you on one point though. You're not Eddie. You're clearly one of his henchmen, T.J. or Martin. My money's on Martin.

Hope your not a betting man money lost for your part none of the three actually.Just a realist who knows the story.Anyone who uses prime time and reputation in the one sentence does not know whats going on.Maybe another case against Nally might solve a few things hes used to them now and wont mind losing, Social Services will pay the bill same as before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hamlet01

Sorry for dragging this up again, but I thought this might interest some people who were so quick to swallow all that Mike Milotte put in front of them... Next time, think for yourselves!!!

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7314&Itemid=38

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

hamlet01 wrote: »
    Sorry for dragging this up again, but I thought this might interest some people who were so quick to swallow all that Mike Milotte put in front of them... Next time, think for yourselves!!!

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7314&Itemid=38

This thread is a classic example of the damage caused by poor reporting, and media spin. What can you really believe in the media? Usually by the time its get cleared up the damage is done. Prime Time would have been seen by a lot of people. Will the results of the investigations get the same exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Was there just one source for the original allegations?

It appears to have been the case alright.... It seems PJ Nally was the only source of complaint....

It will be interesting to see how the original posters who were so vitriolic in their comments towards the good worers and also the deceased priest, will respond to this news....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

If you read that carefully you will see it refers to Public Accounts Committee "instructed" investigation. They didn t investigate themselves or have it investigated independently. They got FAS to investigate FAS alledged mishandling of funds. Now how did you think that investigation was going to come out? 15 complaints were made to the BCI regarding issues in that programme. All were rejected. I have no personal interest in this story but just want to see it debated with all the facts on the table.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:jpmz4t5FHwMJ:www.bcc.ie/decisions_details/June%25202009/BCC%2520Complaint%2520Decisions%2520Jun%252009.docx+primetime+17+february+2009+bci&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=firefox-a

How do you open those documents?

Nor have I any personal interest, however, I dont see the BCI as a good yardstick... Id be more worried if they upheld the complaint given some of their decisions...

Also, if you want all the facts on the table, what about the GARDA INVESTIGATION that was thrown out by the DPP....Did that escape Prime Time and Mr. Nallys recollection??? Also, given that he cribbed he could not even afford an X-mas tree yet had circa €4000 in the account....

Anyone listening to his claims would want a large bucket of salt.... If you read the complaints to the BCC you will see that they were restricted to set complaint guidelines by the BCC.
    RTE believed Mr. Nally because he was religious..... WTF??? Can I say Im holy and then go off and make random claims about people but its ok because I bless myself???

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

We don't know what happened to the money. Just be aware that the main man through all of this was a senior Fas official in the town up to his retirement. The other main character was the local Parish Priest and he is dead.
    hopefully he is some where nice and warm now:)

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?opt...7314&Itemid=38

FAS investigation finds FAS is awesome and nothing is wrong. Move along.

:rolleyes:

Sand wrote: »
    FAS investigation finds FAS is awesome and nothing is wrong. Move along.

:rolleyes:

As did the Garda investigation Sand, and also, all of those claims were put in front of the PAC and they had all the info at their fingertips.... Obviously they saw nothing untoward in it either.
    Seems some people just cant deal with the truth...

Bonzos, I think your comments are rather distasteful also. Perhaps you should think twice before posting such comments.

• Advertisement

As did the Garda investigation Sand

Which implies the Guards didnt find anything to charge them with. Much like they havent found anything to charge Anglo Irish bankers with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Which implies the Guards didnt find anything to charge them with. Much like they havent found anything to charge Anglo Irish bankers with.

What Illegality would the Guards have charged Anglo's bankers with, out of interest?.

Well they didnt do anything illegal. Corruption is not illegal in Ireland. Thats my point, you know...why I mentioned the Anglo Irish bankers...them being corrupt, and yet not charged with anything...you see how that works?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Well they didnt do anything illegal. Corruption is not illegal in Ireland. Thats my point, you know...why I mentioned the Anglo Irish bankers...them being corrupt, and yet not charged with anything...you see how that works?

Oh right.

I just thought you were talking ****e.

Oh right.

I just thought you were talking ****e.

Dont worry about it, I didnt have to break out the sock puppets so its all good.

Not really. You're talking about unproven allegations from dubious sources, and unreliable media, as if proven fact. I'm as cynical and dubious as the next person. But thats not enough to hang someone.

Thats entirely different to there being a massive paper trail the size of a small country to follow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement