Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Situation We Are In

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭James Bong 79

are you by any chance this guy OP???? http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0217/aibeggs.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Get a job OP ya layabout, Sponging off my taxes.. Pfft!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

whos Mary harney?

She is to the Health system, what Margaret Thatcher was to coal mines!
    A destroyer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sillysasauge

Almond fingers are still 3 euro 69c in superquinn.

You'd think they would reduce them by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

As you HAVE worked in a bank before you should know it all then huh

Everyone is facing redundancy and bleak short term future
    It was essentally not solely the banks fault - and as you worked for them you are there for a faciliator- deal
    White collar crime pays - fact
    so either get with the smarts and come up with a good 419 or pyrimad scheme
    or
    get a job - anything

but am sure your daddy with help in the mean time
    - investment banking- smell reaks of neoptism or classroom to office block

as Mr T says - get some nuts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Update:
    The Situation We Are In:
    Were F**ked :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

arrrrrgggggghhhhh

not another fecking recession thread

look the recession is soooooooooooooooooo last year, build a bridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I'm having a resession in my house Saturday night. All are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Okay I may be young, I may not have lived through a recession before (well I was around but very young) but the position this country and its financial sector now finds itself in is to me sickening. A degree in Finance and a Masters in Finance/Economics as well as some experience in the investment banking sector (now on my arse unemployed without any chance of getting a job again for a good while imo) gives me the right to speak on what I see unfolding before us. The scandal that is Anglo/IL & P/Nationwide would not and shoud not be tolerated in any other country in the world. That crooks like Sean Fitzpatrick should spurn our own government is an affront to our democracy, that white collar crime go unpunished while thousands of hard working Irish men and women lose their jobs is disgraceful. The service that our banks and building societies provide in facilitating commerce is undeniable and to provide bailout money is necessary yet to allow those who orchestrated our downfall to walkoff with large bonuses or illegal loans is not on. Our banking system is now a joke, our regulatory authority a sham and our government a toothless enforcer....how can this country ever again even argue to attract foreign investment, to call itself a financial hub in Europe (what role now for the IFSC)??? I am both saddened and very angry and how the Irish people can stomach this corruption from its banks while they continue to send us letters looking for loan/mortgage repayments having taken our money (to pay its fat cats) is beyond me.

and what are we going to do about it??????????????????????????/

Nothing

Advertisement