Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB tonight

Options
  • 18-02-2009 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

On Vincent Browne just now Dan Boyle pronounced that any government would be as incompetent as the FF/Green is.

Dear God. He's their senior strategist.

Yes, we're incompetent. The other shower are just as incompetent.

No wonder nobody wants to invest in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I really think the greens are struggling to keep this all together. Dan seemed to be spouting the FF line for the first while, then practically gave up. The increased absences from the Dail chamber of green TDs when things are kicking off show that internally, support for FF must be waivering. After watching that tonight, I really do feel that the greens will pull the plug on this disaster before the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tapjlk6

Their all great in Opposition.
    Have loads of great things to say. I always taught the Green were great not any more. The minute they get into power and get all the perks they forget about the people. Has anyone in the Dail stood up and said we get paid to much we get to much expences. NO they have not.
    In my oppinion we are a very small country and no one should get paid more than 500k.
    You have the heads in the Goverment, banks, Rte, ESB, Hospitals, Trade unions etc paying themselves huge salaries while us poor fools on 20k to 50k are hammered right left and centre and can't do anything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

tapjlk6 wrote: »
    In my oppinion we are a very small country and no one should get paid more than 500k.
    What about someone who sets up their own company which makes huge profits? or do you only mean in the public sector?
    I'd pay millions to the person who could get us out of the hole the country is hurtling into. Mind you, i'd pay it AFTER they'd done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I agree with the tap guy that no one should be paid over 500k. There should be some sort of pay cap for CEO's of all companies, that none of them can earn above that wage. People can still earn more than that if they own their own company that is not listed on the stock exchange, but these people should be taxed accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I agree with the tap guy that no one should be paid over 500k. There should be some sort of pay cap for CEO's of all companies, that none of them can earn above that wage. People can still earn more than that if they own their own company that is not listed on the stock exchange, but these people should be taxed accordingly.
    Tax the blx out of them,absolutley, but introducing some kind of national wage cap for the private sector would stop multinationals coming here as the top men would be looking for at least that if not much more and seeing as we dont have enough indigenous industry it would be suicidal for our business.
    I dont think its right that anybody should get paid astronomical wages while others starve, but thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tapjlk6

I work in the private sector and work hard for the wage I get just like a lot of the normal people in the public sector. All I want is for the goverment to be honest with us and for them to spreed the burden fairly which they are not doing at the moment. The low to middle incomes are been hit for everything.
    When are the people that caused this mess going to be held accountable. NEVER in my opinion thats what hurts the most. They are all in the one club and will look after each other no mater what

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bit off-topic, lads, there's a whole forum available for proposing and discussing wage capping.

He actually used the phrase "just as incompetent"?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

sceptre wrote: »
    Bit off-topic, lads, there's a whole forum available for proposing and discussing wage capping.

He actually used the phrase "just as incompetent"?

Any links?

Jaysus VB is a bad interviewer. It's getting to the stage were panelists are embabarassed and not just Govt. ones.

Dunphy lite.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

Daroxtar wrote: »
    What about someone who sets up their own company which makes huge profits?
    Woulndn't that mean they're over-charging the customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

dresden8 wrote: »
    On Vincent Browne just now Dan Boyle pronounced that any government would be as incompetent as the FF/Green is.

Dear God. He's their senior strategist.

Yes, we're incompetent. The other shower are just as incompetent.

No wonder nobody wants to invest in Ireland.

Well at least they are not denying they are incompetent any more. Its a start i suppose. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Trotter wrote: »
    I really think the greens are struggling to keep this all together. Dan seemed to be spouting the FF line for the first while, then practically gave up. The increased absences from the Dail chamber of green TDs when things are kicking off show that internally, support for FF must be waivering. After watching that tonight, I really do feel that the greens will pull the plug on this disaster before the summer.

Thought the exact same. When he was asked if FF enjoyed the support of the Greens and he replied, "well for this week anyway", it was obvious to me that the Greens are bracing themselves for more revelations about Anglo and this Golden Circle of corrupt individuals and it was obvious from DB's performance on VB Tonight that they are actively having a discussion about walking out of government. I'm not being alarmist here, every word the man spoke indicated that the ranks are closing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Thought the exact same. When he was asked if FF enjoyed the support of the Greens and he replied, "well for this week anyway", it was obvious to me that the Greens are bracing themselves for more revelations about Anglo and this Golden Circle of corrupt individuals and it was obvious from DB's performance on VB Tonight that they are actively having a discussion about walking out of government. I'm not being alarmist here, every word the man spoke indicated that the ranks are closing...

The Greens will have to distance themselves from FF and their Golden Circle friends sooner or later or else they will suffer a similar fate to the PDs and the Dodo and become extinct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

So you want intel out of the country then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

The Greens will have to distance themselves from FF and their Golden Circle friends sooner or later or else they will suffer a similar fate to the PDs and the Dodo and become extinct.

I'm going on a gut feeling after watching Dan Boyle's body language last night, I think they are gonna pull the plug imminently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    So you want intel out of the country then ?
    So what part of "Bit off-topic, lads, there's a whole forum available for proposing and discussing wage capping." wasn't clear?
    (question's rhetorical btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

K-9 wrote: »
    Any links?

Jaysus VB is a bad interviewer. It's getting to the stage were panelists are embabarassed and not just Govt. ones.

Dunphy lite.

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?date_mode=1&locID=1.65.169&newspanel=1&show_cal=1&page=1

About the 18th minute in. VB is about the only journalist who will call out a politician.

I think there's a reason Aherne didn't try to make "Vincent Browne eyes" when he telling us his line of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the question vb did't ask was when db said any government couldnt get a competnet handle on this criss, he should have asked well who caused this crisis? ff.

they need to be gone.

who cares if fg would have done the same or worse, it was ff who did it.

Advertisement