Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Firefox things

• 18-02-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

these annoy me, firstly the download window that pops up when you download something - can you get rid of it its a nuisance, also can you stop firefox scanning for viruses when you download

thx guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its probably your anti-virus scanning on download.

You can get loads of download extensions that stop the pop up. There is one I used to use that integrated it into the side pane. can't remember what it is called.

I'm an Opera man so don't pay attention to Firefox that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tools > Options > Main > Uncheck Show the Downloads window when downloading a file.

Not sure about the AV scan.

edit: type about:config into your address bar and paste browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone into the filter -- change the value to false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Tools > Options > Main > Uncheck Show the Downloads window when downloading a file.

Not sure about the AV scan.

edit: type about:config into your address bar and paste browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone into the filter -- change the value to false.

thanks thats great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I like Download Status Bar. It gets rid of that pop-up window and replaces it with a small status bar on the bottom left. You can customise it to show as much information as you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,962 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

download statusbar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Anyone have the lastest version of FF crash on them while browsing boards?

Two nights it has done it and force me to do a hard reboot. I'm not using opera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

Anyone have the lastest version of FF crash on them while browsing boards?

Two nights it has done it and force me to do a hard reboot. I'm not using opera

By latest do you mean a beta or just an Updated Version of Firefox 3. If it is the latter, I have never had it crash when using boards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

downloaded status bar, thats a great improvement, that popup was so annoying , thx !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

use IE

note to mods.... sorry couldn't resist, revenge at last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

charlesD wrote: »
    By latest do you mean a beta or just an Updated Version of Firefox 3. If it is the latter, I have never had it crash when using boards...

Sorry, its 3.0.6

I'm hoping its a bug with an add-on cause i generally hate other browsers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement