Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is stealing from me?

Options
  • 18-02-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know who "XXX" is?

Whoever they are, according to open24, they've just charged me 539.46..
    not sure what for exactly.. and I'm amazed.. and more than a little annoyed that TSB let them, as I have only €10 in that non-overdraft switch current account. (well, -528.63 now)

I sure as hell have not bought any 'wine', and nothing at all for €539!

Anyone have any idea as to what I should do now?

[name edited out as it seems like a respectable business]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Shocking

not sure what for exactly.. and I'm amazed.. and more than a little annoyed that TSB let them, as I have only €10 in that non-overdraft switch current account. (well, -528.63 now)

Contact your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Great little wine place in Temple Bar. Methinks you went on a splurge whilst out drunk :pac::pac:

Contact the bank to see exactly where it's from then contact them and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get in touch with the bank for more details on the transaction and to find out why they permitted a transaction of this magnitude to take place on a non-overdraft account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

It's possible that your card details may have been copied, not necessarliy by the shop involved but someone who went on a spending spree there. If you haven't contacted the emergency number for your debit/credit card provider up to now, you could be responsible for further purchases. On some occassions the bank will call you shortly after an unusual transaction to confirm that it's actually your intention. I think it's a bit wierd that they let the account go into overdraft if you don't have that facility.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

And the first thing you do about it is to post on a bulliten board???:confused:

The normal thing to do is to ring your bank and ask for information and inform them that you did not authorise the transaction. - A 24 hour phone line is norammly printed on the back of your laser/credit card.

- If you don't do that, the payment may be returned showing a "bounced payment" on your account, charges for exceeding your overdraft, returned payment & interest penalties for an unauthorised overdraft will be applied.

If you do contact your bank, everything will be sorted within a day and no charges will be added.

BTW - Why the accusation of theft against a very reputable business. - You have no proof whatsoever & your title could be seen as libelous. The mods need to change the title asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

sounds like a dodgy shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I agree with Darc. Deal with the bank rather than posting it here. I'd be careful about saying the company are stealing from you. I doubt they are the ones in the wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    sounds like a dodgy shop.

Very nice, respectable and knowledgable people actually; they introduced me to Chateau Musar. It looks more like the OP's card was 'borrowed' by someone who knows the PIN or else it's just an almighty technical f-up somewhere. I'd say a cloning is unlikely for this type of purchase-thieves will go pick up some laptops or other expensive and easily saleable electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

name edited out - contact your bank OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement