Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Employed Audited accounts for Mortage approval

Options
  • 18-02-2009 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi there - would like to get some clarification on something, as was left confused by bank mortgage advisor....for the last 5 years I have been registered self-employed (sole trader)...not making millions or anything like that, but until last year paid an accountant (€300+ each year) to draft up my Income & Expenditure and organise my tax payment. I did my own pay & file Oct 2008, as advised by people who were surprised I was paying these fees to an accountant when it was so easy to it myself.
    Enquired about mortgage approval today, and was told I need 3 years Audited certified accounts... My question I guess is, do self-employed people who do their own annual Pay & File, then have to fork out another €300 - €500 to get an accountant to certify the details you provided to the Revenue? Plus €180+ for an A4 letter with 2 lines which confirms your projected income for the current year? i.e. hand out nearly €700 just to apply for mortgage approval, when PAYE just have to present a P60 to prove their income?...Has anyone else been in similar situation and are there ways to avoid the above mentioned expenses?
    Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

I have come across this before when dealing with people applying for mortgages, cant speak for all banks but the one I deal with would accept revenue balancing statements as proof of income in this case.

Advertisement