Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone recognise these ?

• 18-02-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello All ,

First post in this part of boards :)

Could do with some help please

I found these while clearing out the garage recently, just wondering if anyone knows what cars they are for

Image024.jpg

Image025.jpg
    Set of brand new Ford hubcaps part # 69EB00001130AA.

I reckon they might be off a Zodiac but I'm not sure. Any ideas ??

Image026.jpg

Possibly Datsun/Toyota ?

Cheers

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

The second set are definitely from a Datsun as that is the Laurel wraith, although I have never seen that particular style on any car in Ireland and my family owned a few. The ones we had were more pronounced, sort of dome like !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

The first ones are hubcaps from a ford,the EB of the part number is the key to that one.The 69 means it was introduced on that model (EB)in 1969,though i dont think iv ever seen that type of hubcap before,id guess they are for a Zephyr or more likely a Zodiac alright?
    The second ones are unusual too.
    How did you come across them originally?
    Laurels,as did most datsuns of the time always had a variety of unusual hubcaps..
    PA123790.jpg

The first ones are hubcaps from a ford,the EB of the part number is the key to that one

..........the Ford label kinda gives it away too !! :p

I agree though, those look like the ones on the last model Zodiac, the one before the Ford Consul Granada, big square things. Lovely too !

All the Laurels I have ever seen in Ireland had these style, similar but not the same,
    std_1978_datsun_laurel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I think the Laurel hubcaps are from the C32 ('84-'89) - did they sell them over here? They were available in the UK at least.

Nissan_Laurel_1984_silver.jpg

I only ever saw one or two of those around. They werent as pretty or as modern looking as the previous version !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mtyn

I think the Laurel hubcaps are from the C32 ('84-'89) - did they sell them over here? They were available in the UK at least.

Nissan_Laurel_1984_silver.jpg

Bingo !!

I found that exact photo while googling last night.
    Looks like the right one alright.

@ carchaeologist - I rescued them from a skip in a garage I used to work in. I thought it was a waste to throw them away.

I want to find out what they are for so I can advertise them, someone might be able to make use of them instead of them just gathering dust in my shed.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Mark

mtyn wrote: »
    @ carchaeologist - I rescued them from a skip in a garage I used to work in. I thought it was a waste to throw them away.
    Well done.
    ..........the Ford label kinda gives it away too !! tongue.gif
    :Pyes.that did come across wrongly..:)
    std_1978_datsun_laurel.jpg
    Any one have one of these or know where theres any,irish reg or not/Havnt seen a roadworthy one for years,always liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mikkael

Hi, I saw a bright orange one on a zv plate for sale in Irish Vintage scene mag a few months ago. If I remember rightly it was going for 700 - 1000 euro. I'd imagine ye'd want to be handy with the rustproofing on these - especially one brought from the U.K. ( they were bad enough here! )

They certainly have an appealing style though :)

There were two at mosney last year, thast version and the facelifted one which had the square quad lamps and horizontal grille.

My father bought a new one in 1978, same exactly as above, reg. 303 GZD. Long since gone I expect.

I scrapped one in about 1996 as part of the scrappage scheme. It was yellow and unsalvageable due to rust, but it actually still drove smoothly. Nice 6 cyl. engine !

At last !:)!

01_l.jpg

13_l.jpg

Thanks

Mark

• Advertisement

Wonder are they german spec hubcaps so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

well spotted cArchie....:D

Wonder how they ended up here?It all makes sense,as the capri first came out in 1969.... 69EB...

Wonder are they german spec hubcaps so?

Are they German spec only ?

I did an awful lot of searching trying to find out about these & the closest I came to decoding the part # was 69 = 1969, E = built in Germany, B = Taunus.

This was taken from a site which was showing information contained in the VIN #, so this may not be the same.

They are on eBay now anyway, so hopefully someone will get some good out of them.

BTW. Thanks to the lads on Every Ford Ireland for the info & pictures

Well the photo says it all, but I have never seen a Mk1 Capri with those hubcaps. Maybe thats why they never found a home before now.

Advertisement