Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro Players You Dislike!

• 18-02-2009 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Which player/players do you dislike?

For me it's;

1 Matt "Superman" Clark:mad:

2 Alex Roy (Thinks he's Randy Orton from WWE just because he looks like him) Tries to be a show man but always gets knocked out early.

3= A few more could easily be noted but I'm starting to get angry!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

For me it's Mardle looking foward to the day he drops out of the top 16 which is not to far away (sky will probably still give him a PL spot), from the past it's Bobby George.

No one else really heard that King is a bit of a ***** but I have never met him so wont judge him until that, a lot of people don't like Alex Roy but I have met him a good few times and found him ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Chris Mason, ok Sid we know he has a miniscule bit of talent but he WILL not win anything ever becasue when he loses a leg he falls apart. Plus he is a knacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Never really a fan of Manely, dunno why

After last weeks league incident not a big fan of Mick Mcgowan any more

i'd have to agree with Matt Clarke

Alex Roy again he reeks of arrogance

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Giant Reed

Never really a fan of Manely, dunno why

After last weeks league incident not a big fan of Mick Mcgowan any more

i'd have to agree with Matt Clarke

Alex Roy again he reeks of arrogance

He would be pretty high up on this list for me, what happened last week may I ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i mentioned it in another thread

The Cock tabern who are behind us in the league recruited him for the return must win match for them. losing would effectively hand us the title.

Mick Showed up, all smiles and handshakes

He got drawn against Dublin Youth Dylan Rutledge (15).
    Dylan beat him 2-1 taking out 80 in the winning leg.

Mick Barely shook his hand, wouldnt shake anyone's hand and when Mick Barry went over to shake his hand he turned his back to Mick.

Im not sure thats the proper way to behave and set an example as number 41 in the PDC for a 15 year old youth coming through the system.

All i can say is fair play to dylan, no fear, took the bull by the horns and won a tough match in his stride. when he's taller and older he will be a fantastic player. Right now he's beating county players and the odd professional as they come, everyone else was in awe of young dylan, mick just looked sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Denis Smith........not the man himself (never met him).......just because he throws so slow :confused: ......when he is playing i switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Giant Reed

Sounds like fierce bad form alright. No one likes losing but you always shake your opponents hand and congratulate them before going off in a sulk or dealing with it whatever way you know how!
    Especially for a young lad like that as you say Mick should be setting an example for him on how to conduct yourself and be gracious in defeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

What's people's problem with Matt Clark, never struck me as the unlikeable type. Yes to Alex Roy, win something and we might believe you are as good as you think you are.

I'm hot and cold on Mardle, I do think Sky and him overplay the great entertainer gimmick a lot but when he beat Taylor I was delighted for him.

Not mad on Mervyn King, Chris Mason or Rod Harrington commentating(although I met Rod in Vegas and he was dead sound)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Kevin Painter: just never liked him
    Alex Roy: someone that bad should never be that cocky
    Chris Mason: better commentator then dart player
    Mick Mc Gowan: Best irish player my a##e, whats with the fish mouth throw, not the first time i heard bad things about him either but to go into a sulk after losing a good game is just patheic. fair play to Dylan only 15 and beating reconised decent players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

How come James Wade hasn't being mentioned yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

wade is a tosser cant stand him,
    mick mcgowan nothing would surprise me with him i've seen him carry on silly when beaten in grand prix qualifier's before he helped get rid of them:mad:
    on mervyn king i sat for the night with him after barney destroyed him in grand prix semi's he was initially disgusted but after an hour of moaning was actually not a bad bloke,

ps. how could anybody forget kirk shepard good god i doubt even his mother likes him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭passinginterest

Having been to lots of exhibitions and the big tournaments in Rosslare back in the day I got to meet an awful lot of the players. The only really bad experience was John Lowe, who was particularly rude and arrogant and nearly ruined my birthday. I think it was my 11th or 12th.

Story goes that he was playing some warm up games and chatting to folks in the bar before the main exhibition started in the lounge, there was a poster in the hallway with John Lowe an all the finishes from 170 down that I took a shine too (it's still at home in Wexford somewhere) my Mam asked the pub owner if he'd mind if I took the poster and he said sure go ahead, so my Mam took it down and rolled it up. At this point we were told John Lowe was around the corner signing a few autographs and we should go around, we queued up an as we got to him he decided he wanted to go into the lounge, we were last in queue so just asked would he mind signing the poster first, he very rudely said he didn't have time and that he wouldn't sign the poster, we'd have to buy a card after the exhibition and he'd sign that. Anyway when my Mam explained it was my birthday and the manager gave me the poster he reluctantly scrawled his name and stormed off. He also reacted badly to losing a number of games in the actual exhibition.

Of the others, John Part comes across as quite rude, never mingles, and Phil Taylor keeps very much to himself. Most of the others are very open and friendly, as a 15 year old I remember playing in Rosslare on an open practice board with Scholten, Mason and Keith Deller, Deller was going on about he had to give up drink because of his liver, they never made me feel out of place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

jesus that puts a bit of a spin on john lowe for me, ive never even been in the same building as him but i just always imagines him to be nothing other than a gentleman, ah well...

i dont really know why, or where it came from but for some reason i never really likes andy jenkins, maybe it came from that bit of handbags with peter evison a number of years ago but i'm not really that fond of 'rocky'
    but then again he probley doesn't like me either, ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Adrian Lewis..How long can the guy be called the next big thing..New players have come in and overtaken him like ....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

i mentioned it in another thread

The Cock tabern who are behind us in the league recruited him for the return must win match for them. losing would effectively hand us the title.

Mick Showed up, all smiles and handshakes

He got drawn against Dublin Youth Dylan Rutledge (15).
    Dylan beat him 2-1 taking out 80 in the winning leg.

Mick Barely shook his hand, wouldnt shake anyone's hand and when Mick Barry went over to shake his hand he turned his back to Mick.

Im not sure thats the proper way to behave and set an example as number 41 in the PDC for a 15 year old youth coming through the system.

All i can say is fair play to dylan, no fear, took the bull by the horns and won a tough match in his stride. when he's taller and older he will be a fantastic player. Right now he's beating county players and the odd professional as they come, everyone else was in awe of young dylan, mick just looked sick.
    oh how i would have loved to have seen that.cant stand the man.have heard other storys from people over the last year or so,haven't heard a good word said about him.with him having had a major say in getting rid of the qualifiers for the grand prix just cos he couldn't win through them,i hope he never gets by the first round in any competition he plays in.
    for some reason i always thought lewis was very arrogant,then i met him at an exhibition in the igo.turned out his a very nice bloke.

DFD wrote: »
    i always thought lewis was very arrogant,then i met him at an exhibition in the igo.turned out his a very nice bloke.
    Same here met him last summer very nice fella, great craic at his exhibition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Dont like Taylor even though never met him, closely followed by Wade.
    Of the lads I have threw against, Richie Burnett was a real twat and the best nights crack with a pro darter was Alan Glazier(showing my age there:o)

And as for John Lowe, have heard bad stories about him, did everything to try and distract opponents.

shiibata wrote: »
    Richie Burnett was a real twat
    I found him to be very sound, played doubles with him in the Pro Am in Irvinstown in 2000 (think that was the year) spent the weekend drinking with him really sound fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Martin Adams England Captain :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Which player/players do you dislike?

For me it's;

2 Alex Roy (Thinks he's Randy Orton from WWE just because he looks like him) Tries to be a show man but always gets knocked out early.

Played with Alex Roy a few years back in castlebar as part of the Ireland open classic. there was a competation on the saturday where 32 pub teams from round ireland played off against each other, The set up was that each team had five members 4 pub players and one PDC player. We had Bob Anderson on our team and we played a team from tyrone or fermanagh who had Alex roy playin for them. he is a genuine good guy once you get pass the general persona people have of him. We had great crack with him and bob who at the time where doubles partners/practicing together, for one he not as bad as he plays out to be. and by the way bob does love his Rum, Ooarrrrh!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Of the others, John Part comes across as quite rude, never mingles, and Phil Taylor keeps very much to himself. Most of the others are very open and friendly, as a 15 year old I remember playing in Rosslare on an open practice board with Scholten, Mason and Keith Deller, Deller was going on about he had to give up drink because of his liver, they never made me feel out of place.

Dunno about John Part, my mate met him in a pub after he got knocked out of the grand prix and got him to ring me, I was talking to him for a good while, met him a few times in person and have to say I thought he was really down to Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

can't stand kevin painter or ronnie baxter played them both in expo's and both we're with andy hamilton who was a gentle man but the ego's on baxter and painter complete tossers as for lewis funnist expo i was ever at up in the igo he really played the crowd from the minute he walked in a certain table of lads started to sing only one phil taylor and you could see by the reaction he gave he enjoyed nights like that plus he jagenbomber's he put away. also terry jenkins and colin ozbourne brill lads.

BUT top of my list for good crack and enjoyable dart players to have met would be the men in black Gary anderson and Gary Robson both played in the local and done it for for charity because one of our mates and they helped us make so much money so i will always have respect for them and the best MC ever dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Yeah never really liked roy even tho i never met him but Andy Jenks is a top bloke approached him citywest a couple of years ago he had his back turned to me so when he turned around he was scoffing a quarter pounder, he even gave his mate his burger to hold when we took pictures with him and when he finished it he came over for a chat top bloke so he is...Also met priestly before and van gerwin top blokes as well!

ste i thought the very same of lewis great crack, he doesn't give a toss sat drinking till six that morning, genuine decent chap hope your wrong about baxter have him in may, and hopefully mib in august heard great things about them, taylor isn't a very approachable person and on top of which the smell of sweat off him would knock a donkey over, i've seen barney ignore a couple of lad's looking for an autograph there's more nice blokes than tossers in my opinion although it's an image with some and the manner in which they behave on tv which is what influences our opinion of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

PDC
    Adrian Lewis - Overrated massively, don't like his attitude aswell.
    Peter Manley - Don't mind him as a player but can't stand his hyped up entrance.
    Wayne Mardle & Phil Taylor - Can't stand the way the PDC has there backs more than any other players

BDO
    John Walton - Makes everyone believe he is from the middle of nowhere when he is from a city
    Tony O Shea - Has the common sense of a 6 year old and is extremely annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Shocked by Barney Ignoring Fans. He is usually the Peoples Favourite.
    Adrain Lewis is great always loves playing in Ireland.

Pro Player i Dislike is Wayne Mardle.Over rated and with all the new talent in pdc cannot see making too many Tv Finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

lewis is a smashing player but in fairness it was sky that hyped him up over the whole 'taylor's protege' thing and the time he walked off the stage in the game with manley (although he didn't help himself by throwing that 180 when he looked away for the last dart) but people did go on about him a bit much. sid waddell said he'd be world champion before he was 30, but he said the same about shayne burgess...

as long as he doesn't start believing the hype himself he'll be alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Lewis in the igo was a great night didnt play but enjoyed it nonetheless. Players i wouldnt say hate but just cant watch on tv would be D.Smith and D.Priestley its just too slow! Also Dennis Ovens just don't like him no reason just looks a scruffy b*****d and annoys me don't no why. Andy jenkins is sound along with terry jenks, roland scholten and the MIB guys great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Don't like Chris Mason as a commentator or a player..Think he is very arrogant!!! Not mad on Barney either for some reason....

As for Part, threw against him in an exhibition and he is an absolute gent...My favourite player by a mile:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Has to be Merven King for me. Ever since he asked for the oche to be measured in the middle of a televised event a few years back. He blamed the distance the oche was at for being behind in the game. Can watch him since. It even pains me to amit that he is throwing great in the premier league at the moment.:mad:

if i remember right mervyn was proved right and it was moved not that it makes a difference but he's not all bad he's maybe too honest!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bulldog0906

greened wrote: »
    Has to be Merven King for me. Ever since he asked for the oche to be measured in the middle of a televised event a few years back. He blamed the distance the oche was at for being behind in the game. Can watch him since. It even pains me to amit that he is throwing great in the premier league at the moment.:mad:

i totally agree with you about the way he is playing in the premier league
    i also hated the way he used the oche as an excuse for losing and i also hate alex roy and ted hankey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

i totally agree with you about the way he is playing in the premier league
    i also hated the way he used the oche as an excuse for losing and i also hate alex roy and ted hankey

The oche was at the wrong distance and he ended up winning the game after the oche distance was corrected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Sad to say but i dont like Eric Bristow. Came over for an exhibition number of years ago but wouldnt play me because i was a youth at the time even though i had qualified for the winmau masters (youth).
    Never forgotten it !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

its james wade for me

lost a lot of respect for him after his gamesmanship tactics against barney in the worlds semi-final. he repeatedly checked his score and slowed his throw down to disturb barneys rhythm. he also has a habit of standing right up behind the other player while they are throwing

Advertisement