Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help.my email account got hacked

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Ok,my Email account got hacked the other day and some asshole is sending out emails looking for money. My password has been changed as has my personal question so i know i wont be getting my old hotmail account back but who all should i contact about this cos it is a crime? I tried to contact the cyber police,thats what microsoft told me,but they never replied to my email and i really dont know what to do. I dont mind if i dont get my email account back but i just want them to stop emailing people looking for money!

Any links or addresses would be helpful as i am so annoyed by this.

Thanks all :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

http://www.emailquestions.com/hotmail/330-recover-lost-hotmail-password-regain-control-hacked-account.html

Get in touch via the suggestions in the first post at the above link.

Tell them the problem. They'll ask you what IP address you usually accessed the account from, the content of some emails that would have been sent and received recently, and possibly the details of some contacts in your address book.

I know people who've been in the same position as you and have managed to recover their account that way.

It is a crime, but the gardaí won't be able to do anything as the person committing it is likely in Nigeria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Thanks for that mate. I have emailed the guys so i will hopefully have some joy. Really appreciate your help.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Let us know how you got on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I totally forgot about this post! Got it all sorted out. Managed to get the asshole that hacked my account,got all his details and sent it on the the cops. Have heard nothing more since but the people that helped me get my email address back were really friendly and really helpful.

Decided to open a gmail account instead as my friend told me its not as easy to hack gmail but it was such a pain in the arse when that person hacked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Gmail is better anyways.. lookswise really!

• Advertisement
Advertisement