Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Photo Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    Too easy.

A bit like posting the same post twice muffler? :D
    Senna got the second one but nobody has gotten the first one yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Well, time to jog Senna's memory.

Welchtown.

Oh, number one is the light you see when inside number two. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

smashey wrote: »
    Well, time to jog Senna's memory.

Welchtown.

You could beat my memory with a big stick and i still wouldn't have got the name:D

Here's one i took on monday. Prizes for guessing what i went to see that day:cool:
    01062009125.jpg

Just to make it a bit harder, these are two photos taken from the same spot but in different directions.
    31052009122.jpg

31052009121.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Not a guess or anything, but relevant to photos of Donegal,

Driving around Atlantic Drive for the first time in a while I noticed a house now built on the edge of the beach at tramore, one of the most featured photographs in Irish Tourism literature. Surely a photo op spoiled for all time. How it got planning baffles me. This was used in Bord failte publications for years and now totally spoiled.

Will get a photo off the camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Senna wrote: »
    .. Prizes for guessing what i went to see that day...
    Would it be big and shiney and cost a lot of money!!! not sure of the location of the photos mind!

• Advertisement

Thread seems to have come to a standstill, heres a very very easy one just to get the ball rolling again!

3604596473_a4d6a41c01_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I know where this is Homer, I'll leave it to someone else though... still trying to figure out SEnna's last contribution! I used to be good at this :pac:
    I'll have some offerings myself soon, particularly with this latest weather..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Was that beach on some Donegal tourism Ad? I seen it somewhere and wondered where it was. Inishowen somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Opps forgot i posted these, well the first one was taken at the new bridge:D
    I was thinking the second two wont be got, its about time, since every other picture i posted was so easy. They're taken up from Drumkeen, the first one is looking down at the Kilross junction area, the second one is looking left of kilross up towards raphoe and strabane in the (very) distance.

Senna wrote: »
    Opps forgot i posted these, well the first one was taken at the new bridge:D
    I was thinking the second two wont be got, its about time, since every other picture i posted was so easy. They're taken up from Drumkeen, the first one is looking down at the Kilross junction area, the second one is looking left of kilross up towards raphoe and strabane in the (very) distance.

I could't figure them out at all , and its no wonder because i thought they were taken from the same place:P

• Advertisement

Lobster wrote: »
    Was that beach on some Donegal tourism Ad? I seen it somewhere and wondered where it was. Inishowen somewhere?
    They were but not down inishowen, much closer to home than that, i'll give you a clue its one of the most famous roads that will be used this weekend for the rally, will be hundreds of spectators lining the road in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

They were but not down inishowen, much closer to home than that, i'll give you a clue its one of the most famous roads that will be used this weekend for the rally, will be hundreds of spectators lining the road in the photo.
    It remind me of Knockalla (?spelling) but I haven't been there since the early 1980s.

It remind me of Knockalla (?spelling) but I haven't been there since the early 1980s.

The very spot, one of my favourite places to go takes your breath away ever time you go over the summit of the hill and see the beach streching out ahead of you. especially when its a good day like it was the day that pic was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

The very spot, one of my favourite places to go takes your breath away ever time you go over the summit of the hill and see the beach streching out ahead of you. especially when its a good day like it was the day that pic was taken.
    its 5 minutes from my home such a fantastic view. it looks almost carribean in this one:
    warden.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

Don't now if this area has been posted before. Oops, sorry. I posted a personal photo by mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I could't figure them out at all , and its no wonder because i thought they were taken from the same place:P

I also thought they were all of the same place, right enough, I wouldnt have got the first one anyway

Don't now if this area has been posted before. Oops, sorry. I posted a personal photo by mistake
    That would be Horn Head from Falcarrach?:D

DSCF0472.JPG
    Should be easy, Best pic I could take at over thirty knots ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Rathlin O'Byrne island, with Slieve League in the background

Durnish wrote: »
    Rathlin O'Byrne island, with Slieve League in the background
    The Island is just out of shot but well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

oh flip, now I have to post something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'll stick a quick one up..shouldnt be too hard

photo0036h.jpg

Arranmore? :D

Where/what is this? :DDSCF0018.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Arranmore? :D

Aye..took a full two minutes!

No idea about that election poster..nice job though it must be said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

That would be Horn Head from Falcarrach?:D
    It sure is.:)

Muffler - brilliant photo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Muffler; photo taken in Dooish, they must have liked his new image there as thats where he actually done well:D

shiibata wrote: »
    Muffler; photo taken in Dooish, they must have liked his new image there as thats where he actually done well:D
    Give that man another pint :D

Dooish it was but it was only thrown in here for a bit of fun.

smashey isn't allowed to answer this one :D

So where is it?

DSCF0028.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    smashey isn't allowed to answer this one :D
    Boooooooo.

I was there this morning. :D

Advertisement