Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Photo Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Don't know but he ain't half the man he used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

That seems to be a setting sun,which may imply he if facing roughly in a westerly direction.There is little sign of mountains to this western direction so i presume it is on the edge, maybe central west coast of the county.It appears by the shadows in the picture and the position of the sun that this pictiure was taken in September maybe around 6pm.These deductions lead me to believe this maybe roughly halfway between the Rosses/Gweedore area.The evidence of dandruff on this guy may deduce that he uses Head and Shoulders.

I'll go with a guess of Ranafast.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

irlpic wrote: »
    That seems to be a setting sun,which may imply he if facing roughly in a westerly direction.There is little sign of mountains to this western direction so i presume it is on the edge, maybe central west coast of the county.It appears by the shadows in the picture and the position of the sun that this pictiure was taken in September maybe around 6pm.These deductions lead me to believe this maybe roughly halfway between the Rosses/Gweedore area.The evidence of dandruff on this guy may deduce that he uses Head and Shoulders.

I'll go with a guess of Ranafast.

Elementary my dear Watson irlpic. The mountains you refer to are Aranmore, picture was taken this evening about 6.35, but not a bad effort from you.

And now a pic of man himself, Cardinal Thomas Ó Fiaich with Coláiste Bhríde Rann na Feirste in the background.

07102009003f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

i know its not my turn , but this will be my last post from my p&s kodak, getting a 1000d today yippee!!! anyways should be fairly easy!
    3774745015_ffdca3a5af_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Would that be An Grianan Ailigh on the hill in the background???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Trying to figure out the angle... inch island is somewhere there.. and as cúl a cnoic says... looks like grianan in the background

Your both right....thats all im going to say i highly reccomend going up there to on a good day its a class on a and the pic was taken at the door of my car so you can drive up to where it was taken!!!! no more clues now!!! an i thought it'd be an easy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Id say you were in Fahan when taking that pic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Here's one for you. It's a bit obscure but was taken in the Letterkenny area during the summer.

CIMG5741.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Id say you were at confessions there boss :), so probably the cathedral (because it looks like an old feature)

• Advertisement

wait.... thats the clan embelem of the Boyds, so you were up at Ballymacool house when you took this shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

wait.... thats the clan embelem of the Boyds, so you were up at Ballymacool house when you took this shot?

If that is the right answer, i'm very impressed NWA... Clap...Clap

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

That's very impressive! Ballymacool House it is. :)

CIMG5739.jpg

hey, thank you (takes a bow)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I deleted your last post NWA. Absolutely and completely off topic.

Start a new thread if you wish.

I know, I was just logging back in to delete it

muffler wrote: »
    Id say you were in Fahan when taking that pic

Well done muffler was up at the fancy estate thats been built for ages but still empty, turn right after passing the chapel and drive up the hill its very steep mind you, some view though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Well done muffler was up at the fancy estate thats been built for ages but still empty, turn right after passing the chapel and drive up the hill its very steep mind you, some view though.

Which chapel are you talking about?

irish_goat wrote: »
    Which chapel are you talking about?
    the
    The small one in the middle of the village,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

the
    The small one in the middle of the village,

That's not an empty estate though, my friend lives there. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

picture665o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Judging by the scenery in the background I am going to take a stab at Bundoran

Nope its a bit away from there

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i say st johns point or muckross head in kilcar

St Johns point it is
    Right after the Lighthouse

Ill get you a pint in Sweeneys sorry about the size of the pic how do i resize it

Here is another one

picture916.jpg

picture542.jpg And another

Hootanany wrote: »
    Here is another one

picture916.jpg

beside bunglass

Hootanany wrote: »