Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Photo Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

wmcbride wrote: »
    Is that near Meenaguse? I was wondering why there was a lake taht appeared on the satellite photo but not the map on the ordnance suvey website.

yea thats it just behind Meenaguse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

thats it , the bottom of silver hill kinda out the back of grey mares tail , built about 9 years ago now

I know who built it :) Ive been up there, thats how I know it

I know who built it :) Ive been up there, thats how I know it

i was one of the guys that was involved in the building of it , we also made 3 new bases for the 3 new windmills about 5 years ago now not a nice place to work in bad weather

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

And another one....

img0967bf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Lough Belshade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Looking at that picture above, We do have a Fcuking Deadly county!!

Lough Belshade!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry lads, Im locking this for a wee while as I just want to run with the idea posted by irish1967 to give Senna the privilege of having the 1000'th post in this thread as it was he who started it all and as its one of, if not the most successful threads here, I think its only fitting.

Hope you all understand.

Now where is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thanks Muffler for holding the proceeding and thank you irish1967 for suggesting it.

Its an honour to have started not only the longest thread in the Donegal forum but I would have no hesitation in saying the best thread. The pictures contributed by the regular posters never ceases to amaze me of the beauty of Donegal and I sure its not only the Donegal poster on Boards that get to view them. So well done everyone and keep those picture coming .

Now lets get to 2000 posts!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

And another one....

Taken from Aghla Mór? with Aghla Beag in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Taken from Aghla Mór? with Aghla Beag in the background?

Well done josey_whale, 100% correct.

The lake is Loch na mBreac Beadaí (Nabrackbaddy lake) looking towards Aghla Beag, taken during the Dunlewey Three Peak Challenge Aug 2007. Photo was taken from Aghla Mór. Errigal would be behind and Muckish would be out to the left, behind Aghla Beag....

Great thread with over 1000 posts and in excess of 36,300 views, thank you Senna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

photogam2.jpg

Yes, a very enjoyable thread, keeps me visitng the site.

How about some fireworks? It's very easy.

I'll have a stab at the beach at Maghery? :)

nope, want another pic clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Gweebarra?

yeah sure... I wasnt sure if that was meant to be an entry or just a fireworks shot!

I want more than Gweebarra.

It was a light hearted photo game entry, so it was.
    photogam3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Inishkeel, Portnoo.

100% correct.
    Now, someone tell that Canadian fella, below, that that is the parish church of Inishkeel.

its been a while since Ive put any photos up, so heres a few shots to pass an hour on this dark November evening... Building 2 and 5 used to be pubs... no. 5 up until a few years ago. Sorry about the poor quality of light in no. 5

Is that the back of the school at Ballydevitt pic 3

• Advertisement

no, not Ballydevitt... a similar abandoned school though. Different part of the county

its been a while since Ive put any photos up, so heres a few shots to pass an hour on this dark November evening... Building 2 and 5 used to be pubs... no. 5 up until a few years ago. Sorry about the poor quality of light in no. 5
    No's 2 & 5 I dont have a problem with as many a good night (and bad) I had in both of them ;) I wont say where they are as I know them very well but they are only a couple of miles apart as the crow flies.

I'll look at the others now.

Ah yes they are all around the same area. So I'll leave it for others as I know them.

muffler wrote: »
    Ah yes they are all around the same area. So I'll leave it for others as I know them.

Stop Teasing:D

Hootanany wrote: »
    Stop Teasing:D
    Im probably part of the reason for those pubs closing you know :D

Thats a good clue for you :)

not really

Did Ye drink them dry

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Since we are having some beautiful sunrises and sunsets thought I would throw this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

No. 5 used to have a sign for Phoenix beer.

"It was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June.."

sesswhat, you are spot on, I was going to mention the sign for Phoenix as a clue. Its the only sign for Phonenix I have seen around these parts... Im just getting your song reference now by the way :)

• Advertisement

North_West_Art , No.3 is ballydivit school outside donegal town

Advertisement