Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Photo Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

A sad pic. The old NSs were marked on the old half inch OS maps but gone from the Discovery series. Useful as land marks as they give the townland name on the wee stone above the door.

The pic I posted a while back was of the beach below the signal tower and the WW11 LOP at Crohy Head, now known as Beach 74.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Durnish wrote: »
    A sad pic. The old NSs were marked on the old half inch OS maps but gone from the Discovery series. Useful as land marks as they give the townland name on the wee stone above the door.

The pic I posted a while back was of the beach below the signal tower and the WW11 LOP at Crohy Head, now known as Beach 74.

Off- topic, I know, but who is coming up with these awful names for beaches?
    "Beach 74" (or any other number, for that matter!), doesn't sound remotely appealing! The old names were far better, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sounds like the title of a new sci-fi book or film

I cannot see any other name for that beach, below both Crohy Tower and LOP 74. not on OSI map viewer anyways.
    It also has a fantastic sea arch and what are probably sea weed (wrack) stone enclosures at the top of the, er, slide down.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

this sea arch?..or is there another one? I believe the locals call it the breeches or the britches

4712AB392C1A432BA4E925DD67D49334-0000355662-0003214031-00800L-2E9A6F461DA948D2830BEBFDADD7E914.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

10 months since the last post :(

Try this one for size...

1505199_701343256594343_126168960_n.jpg

Inch, maybe?

Durnish wrote: »
    Inch, maybe?

Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

heres one (the building is a church)

I can't rem how to post images directly from my Flickr account! Help, please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

right click image, select properties and select the address.

Paste here or put it inbetween [*img] [*/img] tags (removed the *)

Thats the way it used to be anyway, been a while since i used it

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

heres one (the building is a church)
    Gartan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

Glenalla wrote: »
    Gartan.

Gartan it is

This will be too easy for those in the west of the county but sure have a go anyhow.

5BB4bZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Not that one

Is this Lough Salt looking in general direction of muckish.

Not Loch Salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

looks like arranmore to the right but i'm having a hard time positioning where the photographer is standing then...

retalivity wrote: »
    where the photographer is standing then...
    Hah! Thats the clue. Get that and you'll get the area.

I will hold my hands up and say I was being a little devious when I mentioned that people in the west of the county should find it easy. Its not in the west of the county ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

It's definitely up by Lough Salt but its not Lough Salt. I recognise the stone wall lol or maybe not! I'll find out the name of that particular lough.

It's definitely up by Lough Salt but its not Lough Salt. I recognise the stone wall lol or maybe not! I'll find out the name of that particular lough.
    Warmer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Meenlaragh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

Lough Salt is behind you . But the lake in the picture is Lough Greenan take from the viewing point up at lough Salt.

Lough Salt is behind you . But the lake in the picture is Lough Greenan take from the viewing point up at lough Salt.
    Thats it........I think. I was trying to find the little parking area that I took the photo from on google maps and bing maps but couldnt get it. They must have constructed that parking spot fairly recently.

Do they not hide l. Salt cause its a water supply?

muffler wrote: »
    Thats it........I think. I was trying to find the little parking area that I took the photo from on google maps and bing maps but couldnt get it. They must have constructed that parking spot fairly recently.

You musta forgot to eat your carrots this week :pac:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@55.081775,-7.810936,3a,75y,343.21h,79.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2u50R-K4iVxlj_UdVV7VRA!2e0

A mighty fine day it was that the streetview car came up there

Huh, was it not hidden that day we headed out their on our lovely walk Homer?

danniemcq wrote: »
    Huh, was it not hidden that day we headed out their on our lovely walk Homer?

Ssshhhhh, that is our's (and the other 6 strangers) secret. Sure didn't we park there?!?

You musta forgot to eat your carrots this week :pac:

https://www.google.ie/maps/@55.081775,-7.810936,3a,75y,343.21h,79.2t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s2u50R-K4iVxlj_UdVV7VRA!2e0

A mighty fine day it was that the streetview car came up there
    It was dark when I was there :o

muffler wrote: »
    It was dark when I was there :o

pretending to be Stan Collymore eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MeteoritesEire

anybody local to lough Salt ever hear of a meteorite hitting there ?

was mentioned to me the other day although there's nothing official on the record.

Advertisement