Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to join an MMA club

Options
  • 18-02-2009 6:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey, im 18 and a big big fan of the UFC and have been interested in joining a MMA club, im from clondalkin but have a car so im prepared to travel

Anybody know any good clubs for beginners with reasonable prices???

thanks, james

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

hey, im 18 and a big big fan of the UFC and have been interested in joining a MMA club, im from clondalkin but have a car so im prepared to travel

Anybody know any good clubs for beginners with reasonable prices???

thanks, james

You might have more luck if you post your question in the Self Defence & Martial Arts section of the forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=264

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

These kind of requests usually get a strong response here, so I dont see the need to move the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Roper wrote: »

Ha that looks like a lovely cottage on a lake barry, its the thought that counts! But its www.threecastlesmma.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

doh! Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

LOL at the threecastles link. ha.

You're spoilt for choice. If you have a car then you're sorted. www.mmaireland.com is another club you can check out. Its on the northside of town. You can go down to a few classes before you have to pay any money so think of it as a test drive. Training prices are available if you e-mail Shane Thomas from the site.

I'd suggest you try out a class here and there and see what one feels right for you. People will give you opinions on gyms but all the above mentioned gyms are good and friendly so you'll be alright wherever you land.

As for prices.... Well I'd say be prepared to pay €60 to €80 for a monthly fee. Some gyms pay as you go for classes which may work out cheaper if you only train once or twice a week. But don't let the price turn you off cause most people end up living a slightly healthier lifestyle which saves you some money aswell! :)

If you are only starting out then try put aside a bit of money at the start to buy training gear like mma gloves, boxing gloves, shin pads, etc. FOR YOUR VERY FIRST TRAINING TRY GET A GROIN GUARD AND MOUTH GUARD. These two things are a vital.... trust me. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 james-kernan

thanks very much everyone!

nice cottage by the way lol

Advertisement