Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse riding in drogheda/meath area

Options
  • 18-02-2009 6:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for me?
    I have been riding about 21 years and I used to ride a lot- hunting, breaking, showing- had my own horse and all that but as I hit my Twenties, finished college and started to work I found I didnt have the time for it. I tried to do weekly lessons but TBH found them painfully boring and a waste of my money.
    I work in a very pressured job, with erratic night time hours and so find it hard to commit to a fixed time and place every week.
    I guess what I am looking for is a facility where I can go and ride and have fun- maybe cross country runs, treks etc, 2 or 3 times a month. i am happy to travel for it....really really miss the horses!
    I live in the north Meath/Drogheda are so anwhere nearby would be good!

Any thoughts?!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sho_Gal

Hey there, Im in a similar situation to yourself. Was riding for years when I was younger and just got back into it bout a year ago. i know what you mean about finding the weekly lesson boring. They can be but I still love it. Im living in Drogheda myself but go to riding school in Swords, the horses they have are quite good so I enjoy it. I wouldn't say my riding is improving much but who cares. Myself and a few friends are going to Cross Country course in Wicklow this weekend, called Belair, its for 2 hours, think its 65 euro www.belairhotelequestrian.com. There is also one in Monaghan http://horseridingireland.castleleslie.com/ it is meant to be amazing, really good horses etc but its quite expensive, maybe you could go mid week though which is cheaper. I'm considering maybe sharing someones horse for a few days a week over the Summer, pay part livery. Cant really afford my own but would love to get back into it.

Anyway, hope that helps, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ell

You could have a chat with Dave who runs a young horse starting yard here: www.ecklandssportshorses.com in N. Dublin. You'd definitely learn stuff & have fun :)

Ell, you are involved with that yard right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sho_Gal

Hey Ell, does Ecklands do lessons for people without their own horses or is it just a livery training yard? I'd love to do lessons somewhere that is seriously into Jumping/eventing etc so I can develop my skills but don't have my own horse. Appreciate any info...

Advertisement